10 Things I'll Never Take For Granted Again

It's really easy to believe that you're grateful for things until they're really taken away from you.

43

COVID-19 has changed the lifestyles of millions of people, as we all reflect, we're all missing a lot of the same things. In my own reflection, I've come up with a list of things I'll never take for granted again. Some are big and some are small, but all of these things made my life a little bit sweeter and I never really noticed until now. As life returns to a state of normalcy, I look forward to doing as many of these things as I can in the future.

Shopping At Target

It sounds funny, but being able to freely roam in Target for hours has always been one of my favorite things to do. I never really go there with a list of things I actually need. I go because I want to explore and buy and try new things. I'm so excited to buy $50 worth of items I absolutely do not need at all once this is over.

Hugging Friends

Having to move out of my dorm and move back home to finish the rest of the semester was really hard for me. Saying goodbye is already really hard for me, but not being able to hug my friends as I moved out was harder than I thought it would be. But, I'm appreciative of their virtual hugs for now, and I can't wait to see them again in person and squeeze them tight.

Going To The Movies

As a Media Arts and Studies major, I'm always watching tv and films for class. So I don't go to the movies as often as I would like because of the number of things I'm required to watch to complete assignments. Whenever I can find time to watch films for leisure after all of this, I'm running to the theaters.

Eating In Restaurants

Oftentimes I go through drive-thrus or order food to take out as a college student. I'm always thinking about how to get the food I want quickly because I spend so much time in class or working. But when I can again, I'm going to sit inside of restaurants and enjoy my food more often. Rushing all of the time isn't worth it and I genuinely miss the atmosphere of some of my favorite restaurants.

Visiting Libraries

I've always loved books. Going to the library was like a magical treasure hunt for me when I was younger. Being able to sit down in the library on campus and do homework with friends is one of the best parts of college. I miss the silence and being around people who are focused on work or reading a good book.

In-Person Church Services

Being in an atmosphere of worship around other believers is something I truly miss. There's nothing like singing your favorite worship song with family or friends at church. I'm going to miss being able to celebrate Easter at my physical church building this year. But I look forward to going back to in person church services.

Nail Salons

I know that it sounds a little vain, but I really miss having my nails professionally done. It's the main thing I treat myself with as a broke college student. And the nail techs at my regular salon in Lexington are so sweet and skilled. I miss interacting with them and having my nails look fresh and clean. I can't wait to get SNS after this is all over with.

Craft Stores

I've always loved to paint and create things. Michael's and Hobby Lobby are some of my favorite places to walk around in. Ordering craft supplies online just doesn't feel the same as buying the things I need in person.

Sporting Events

My favorite sport at the University of Kentucky is football. I might be a little biased since I work at Kroger Field, but I'm so excited for football season. I'm upset that I wasn't able to go to the spring game, but I can't wait to cheer on the Wildcats in Fall.

In-Person Classes

As much as I might complain about walking to class in the rain or snow. I genuinely miss being in the classroom with my friends and professors now that we are doing online learning. It's much easier to stay focused when you have to be present in a physical classroom.