'Swifties' Are Freaking Out Over Taylor Swift's Countdown

Why All The 'Swifties' Are Freaking Out Over Taylor Swift's Countdown

What really threw us through the loop is the picture of the seven painted chickens wearing stylish sunglasses. No idea, but we must not question the Queen.

45
https://static.accessonline.com/uploads/2019/04/190416_3940864_How_Much_Of_Taylor_Swift_s_New_Album_Will_Be.jpg

So, two weeks ago, Taylor Swift miraculously began a countdown on her Instagram story. About a month ago, she started to drop hints on her recently uploaded photos. Instantly, conspiracy theories were being thrown left and right. She quickly shut those down when she accepted an award, saying in her speech, "I promise you, you'll be the first to know."

So, as us Swifties do, we did not let it go.

We upped our stalking game. We analyzed every picture she posted because we knew they were hints. I mean, why else would she post an animated picture of seven palm trees, when this is going to be her 7th album? That was what really made us lose it.

The next day, she posted a picture of her sitting on the 7th step. Then the next week, she posted a picture of her cat Olivia with the caption, "She just read all the theories." Did Taylor really think we weren't going to catch onto this? We live for this.

She's creative enough to hide messages in the lyrics of all her songs on her other albums, and she really didn't think we would be able to decode a little Instagram mischief.

But it didn't stop there. We have been blessed with an array of photos on our timelines for the last two months, from what may have been a photo shoot for her new album. It's been picture after colorful picture, with rainbows and cats and all things sparkles.

One of the theories suggests that her seventh album is going to be a mix of her four country albums; "Taylor Swift", "Fearless", "Speak Now", and "Red"; and her two pop albums; "1989" and "Reputation". Hence why the picture of the palm trees had four palm trees grouped together on the left, two together off to the right, and one palm tree standing alone.

It's no doubt that this new album has its own unique twist on it. Her last album, "Reputation", had a really dark and mysterious feel. Taylor claimed herself the Queen of Snakes, where a snake literally became the mascot of her tour. The entire track list was focused around Taylor "going bad" and proving that she won't take anyone's BS.

Since then, Taylor has been in a very private relationship with Joe Alwyn, and as far as we can tell, she is extremely happy. The shift in her page has gone from dark and powerful, to lovely and colorful. It's safe to say she is in love.

This entire countdown is a surprise because, like clockwork, every other year, around November, she releases her new album. Then, her tour is that following summer. So, the fact that she could possibly release a whole new album within one and a half years, a whole six months early, in the spring, is mind-blowing, to say the least.

It's now less than 48 hours until her 7th album drops, and I'm saying album very hopefully. The truth is, we don't really know for sure if it's going to be an album. It very well could be a new single, or maybe a new music video for the new single. We don't know. What I can say, though, is that no matter what it is, the Swifties will not let Taylor down. Her fans are so loyal, devoted, and truly so in awe of her.

Until then, we will be patiently waiting, and I can promise you that we won't be buying Kim K's new perfume launching on the same day.