15 Raw Reasons Why Sushi Is My Soulmate

15 Raw Reasons Why Sushi Is My Soulmate

Your love isn’t over-cooked, it’s raw and pure.
28

When the idea of eating raw fish was first introduced to me, I wasn’t too fond of the concept.

I feel like sushi is one of those things you either love or you hate. After being convinced to “just try it,” I can definitely say that sushi has changed my life. It’s changed my life so much that I’m convinced we’re destined to be together and here’s why:

1. You’re always photogenic.

Dressed in beautiful layers of nori and rice, your beauty is undeniable. Add in the tuna, cucumber, edible flowers, oh my, you can’t stop shining. You’re patient as I snap a trillion photos and pick the best one to post on Insta.

2. Life is never boring with you.

You like to be adventurous, and the options with you are practically endless. Sometimes I’m not feeling like ordering my usual roll, and you understand that.

3. I can take you anywhere with me.

I’d never be ashamed to be seen in public with you. If anything, I’d love to show you off as I sit in the park with you on my lap.

4. You don’t mind a little PDA.

Sometimes the struggles we are going through in life (aka chopsticks) get in the way of our relationship, but you always remind me that it’s okay to touch and pick you up when you’re feeling down.

5. You’re always there for me.

I can always count on you to satisfy my desires.

6. I’ve never waited more than twenty minutes for you to be ready.

Yes, even I can get impatient at times, but you understand that time is something you can never get back. You show up, ready to go on your shiny new plate, tempting me with your good looks.

7. You’re full of surprises.

Every time we get together, I just want more.

8. You rarely make a huge mess.

And even when you do, I accept you for who you are. I pick up the pieces and shove them in my mouth because I love you so much.

9. You make me feel like a cultured person.

Yes, eating Japanese food automatically makes you ten times cooler.

10. My heart is always left full and happy after spending time with you.

Can't wait until we get to see each other again.

11. You encourage me to go out with my friends.

Nothing wrong with a little 'girls night,' am I right, ladies?

12. Your love isn’t over-cooked, it’s raw and pure.

The love you give me is unconditional.

13. You genuinely care about my health/well-being.

Packed with tons of vitamins, you'd never want me around anything toxic.

14. You won’t judge me for being basic.

There are so many different types of sushi, and you would definitely not make fun of me for ordering a California roll.

15. When life gets tough, you just roll with it.

'Nuff said. You go with the flow, and that's all I really need.