"Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X" Episode 12 Recap

A Boy Almost Becomes A Man On This Week's Survivor

5
CBS.com

Just when I think that we are going to have a predictable episode, this cast does a complete 180 on me once again. This season is so full of big moves and blindsides that you never know what is going to happen next week. It is a wonderful time to be a Survivor fan.

Starting off the night, the divisions are very clear in the tribe. There is Zeke, Bret, Sunday, Jay, and Will on one side and then David, Adam, Hannah, and Ken on the other. The majority is rightly celebrating the fact that they are in the numbers while the minority is trying to figure out where to go next. Hannah especially is emotional because the tribe went to rocks rather than vote her out. Zeke is also very greatful of his alliance.

It was that one time of the year where I shed tears because tonight was the family visit, and man does it get more touching with each season. Adam's, Will's and David's particulary got the water works going tonight. If you were any sane Survivor fan, then you were thinking about what Adam was going to do with his advantage. What Adam did though, was the perfect move. He announced in front of the whole tribe that he would not be using the advantage to steal someone's loved one from them. In the challenge, Jay ended up beasting it up winning reward. He then selected Will, Sunday, and Adam to bring their loved ones along.

Adam handled this advantage perfectly. By him not using the advantage here and announcing to the whole tribe that he wasn't, it makes him look that much more personable and much more caring about his tribe mates. He then went as far as to give it to Jay. While Jay is a very smart guy, I can see him using the advantage in the future because he is going to be hungry and that is going to make some people mad. With this little sequence, Adam is now a different player and has now incorporated that social game that he was lacking.

At camp, young Will has had enough of being told what to do and not getting respect for any of the moves that he has made (what moves those are I don't know, but whatever makes the kid feel better about himself). He tells David that he will have no problem going to his side and voting out Zeke.

This little sequence is the very beauty about Survivor. You have to make sure that everyone in your alliance feels special so that they don't end up turning on you. Will feels very disrespected by Zeke and his crew so therefore he is going to take matters into his own hands. If he was a little older, then he might understand that he has to be more patient however his age really hurt him in this instant.

At the Immunity Challenge, people were dropping like flies with Adam being the last one standing. At camp, Zeke notices that David's side is acting very calm. A little to calm so this makes Zeke think that David has another idol. So they come up with a plan to put the votes on Ken instead just in case David surprises them again. Will ends up spilling the beans to Ken and this does not sit well with him. Ken immediately confronts Jay about this and this causes turmoil in the Zeke camp. So they decide to put their votes on Hannah. David's side is obviously disapointed in what happened and is still trying to figure out what is going to happen. Zeke's side can't decide now if they still want to vote for Ken because if David has an Idol then he might play it for Ken.At the time Tribal arrives, Will is firmly in the middle and both sides are pandering to Will saying that he as a great resume already or that this move will be completely his brainchild, which to give the kid credit is kind of true. Votes are cast and Hannah is pretty worried about what is going to happen and expresses that she thinks that she is the one going home. Adam however has different plans. He pulls his Idol out of his drawers and plays that thing for Hannah, sending the power player that was Zeke home. Will also ended up voting for Zeke.

Getting Zeke out was the right move. He did play a little hard a little early and he was playing the best game. It will be interesting to see if the same is going to happen to David. Adam had a great night tonight and I could maybe see him winning if he keeps playing this complete game I have been talking about. However, the one mistake he did make was playing his Idol on Hannah. He could still have that thing and Zeke still would've gone home because Will voted for him. Will had said he wanted to filp because he wanted his name on a big move, and now Adam playing his Idol for Hannah is what everyone is going to talk about it. He also lost his Idol and is now unprotected. I expect Will to come out firing next week and could really start to overplay. I'll even say Will is the next to go. An emotional player is not good to leave around. However, who really knows what is going to happen. Like I said before, this season is crazy!