Surviving Is Not Living

Surviving Is Not Living

Yes, there is a difference.
89

Once upon a time, there was a girl who believed the world to be a wonderful place. A land full of potential, love, and happiness, sadly, she believed not everyone could achieve that, even though, everyone is entitled to it.

As much as this girl wanted more, she was aware that it might not be in the cards for her. Based on her past, the people around her and the negative voices in her head. The content-ness she had grown to know became her knowledge of the world.

It just is what it is, and she should be lucky to have what she does as it could always be much worse. After 20 years and leaving behind those negative Nancy's, it became clear slowly but surely, life can be that happy and loving place it should be. You just have to want it, and go for it.

Since opening up to the world, great opportunities have set forth in her favor. The sun shines a bit brighter and smiles are wider. She has learned what it feels like to live, and not just make it through each day barely surviving. Never does she forget where she has come from though. Never does she forget where she started.

Now when she returns home, she has extraordinary stories to tell, tales filled with such optimism and genuine appreciation. The hard part is seeing the people she cares about still remaining in that loveless melancholy state. She feels the judgment and she knows what they're thinking.

When she asks how they are, everyone answers the same, "oh, you know, surviving."

Humble beginnings can make the best stories, but can also be such tragedies for those who never choose to be better for themselves. It only takes a small change each day, and at first, it may not seem like a big difference, but when you look back at your life and see how far you've come, it will be breathtaking.

A change was always something to be feared as if the change only means outcomes worse than the situation you're already in. In reality, it can be a blessing in disguise you just have to trust in your ability to work through it.

If you're going through life just "surviving," is there really anywhere else you can go but up? Life is too short not to be living out each day to its full potential.