Superhero Movies are Super

Superhero Movies are Super

(Sorry, but it's true)

7

I’m not the first person to say that superhero movies are amazing, but I am going to be the first person to say that “Captain America: Civil War” is possibly the best one to come out in a very long time. This article is going to be 100 percent spoiler-free so no worries about reading something you don’t want to know about yet.

Not only did this movie have all of the Marvel superheroes that we have grown to care about and love, but it also had them arguing with each other with angst and sarcasm. It was possibly the best way to watch these really attractive men and women spend their time (not to mention they were trying to save the world and all of the people in it, but that’s besides the point)

The best part about this movie was that we got to see the debut of the new kid who will be playing Spider-Man! Tom Holland was absolutely wonderful in this movie. Not only was he adorable, but he was the perfect about of snark, sarcasm and fun that was missing from the original adaptation of Spiderman with Tobey Maguire. Now, I’m not bashing Tobey because I love him with all of my being but I definitely have to say that Tom played it so much better (although, Andrew will forever be my all time favorite Spider-Man, and that will never change). I absolutely cannot wait to see him in his own movie and watch him rock that role better than anyone else could have imagined.

However, Tom wasn’t the only amazing part of the new Captain America movie (even though I have to say he was probably the best part but I’m trying to say unbiased here. It’s tough. Work with me.) The introduction of the Black Panther was an amazing addition to this movie. Chadwick Boseman played the Black Panther with a lot of emotion and power. He was amazing and intense and just absolutely wonderful addition to the Civil War conflict. Also, heads up, he is going to have his own movie as well so look forward to that as well!

I’m going to be honest, going into the movie I wasn’t sure how much I was going to like it. Of course I love the superhero movies just as much as the next person but for some reason I wasn’t as excited for this one (other than the fact that my all time favorite super hero was going to be in it and I was going to get the chance to see Tom play Spiderman for the first time). I was pleasantly surprised and I am planning on seeing it a few more times in theaters and I will probably be the first in line to get it when it comes out on DVD.

So, if you are even slightly interested in superheroes, fighting, great butts and cute girls in skin tight clothing this is a movie that you are definitely going to enjoy. So go! Go spend that incredible amount of money, buy that $8 popcorn and enjoy!