The Best Superfood-Based Beauty Products

These Superfood Beauty Products Show Kale And Matcha Work For SO Much More Than We Thought

Just another summer's day with a cold glass of kombucha on my face.

13501

I've been vegan for about six years now, so a love for fresh vegetables and superfoods has now become a core part of my being. Don't get me wrong. I love my indulgent, creamy pastas and truffle fries more than anyone. But I keep most of my focus on eating clean and healthy so I can indulge guilt-free.

But I'd say about a large part of my diet has always, unknowingly, included superfoods. Being Indian, lentils, beetroot, garlic, ginger, and whole grains have been core essentials on the family dinner table since I could digest solid foods.

When skincare started coming to the forefront of my teen life problems, the first thing my grandmother suggested was a homemade mask made chickpea flour, honey, turmeric, and yogurt. Most Southeast Asian people reading this will relate to the weekly coconut oil head-massaging sessions our mothers gave us for the thick, lustrous hair we now thank them for.

The Eastern roots of superfoods have serious results, and if you don't believe me, then trust centuries of people who have relied on them not just for their powers of beautification but for their serious healing powers. It was said even Cleopatra herself bathed in honey and milk as the secret to her luminous skin.

If superfoods were good enough for the most famous of Egypt's rulers, these modern-day answers are just as good for us:

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.