You Should Watch the Super Bowl Even If You Don't Like Sports

You don't have to love sports to watch the Super Bowl.
447

Although I’m not really much of a professional football fan, I look forward to watching the Super Bowl every year.

Even though it is never my home team that is playing in the Super Bowl (go Browns!), this is an event that is fun for all to enjoy. If your favorite team isn’t playing or even if you aren’t really a football fan, we should all agree that the Super Bowl is one of the most exciting and enjoyable events of the year.

Going to a Super Bowl party is a perfect excuse to party like crazy. But the best thing about going to a Super Bowl party is the food. There’s all the wings you can eat, all the beer you can drink, and loads of other party foods.

Even if you hate watching sports, the halftime show is always worth watching.

Last year, Lady Gaga rocked the stadium in a performance of a lifetime. The year before that Queen Bey (Beyoncé) got into formation alongside Coldplay and Bruno Mars. This year, Justin Timberlake will take center stage at halftime-- more than a decade after the notable wardrobe malfunction with Janet Jackson. The halftime show stands out every year to add on to the epicness of the Super Bowl.

At least twenty percent of the Super Bowl viewers say they like to watch the Super Bowl because of the commercials.

For the last several years, commercials aired during the Super Bowl have become almost as popular as the game itself. This year’s Super Bowl commercials promise to be as good, if not better, than the previous years. If you have the time, look up past Super Bowl commercials to get you pumped for this year’s commercials. You will surely get a laugh out of them.

This Super Bowl game will be different from all other previous Super Bowls (and not just because there are two different teams playing). This year’s Super Bowl might very well be one of those games that will be talked about for a long time long after the game is over. It might be an experience that you’ll be sharing with future generations, so make the memory a good one!