Summer is a time to catch up on books!

5 books that are on my summer reading list

Sharing some books I am wanting to devour while I get my rest!

49

After a long two months of nonstop traveling, I am finally back home in sunny California. Coming home always reminds me of how much of a book-worm I was before college hit me. My big bookshelf of books I have collected and read throughout the years, and books I have been wanting to read stack on top of each other, with the dust settling in the empty spaces between the books.

My family recently moved which gave me a chance to finally organize my books and take out what I want to read and what I want to donate.

Some books I have bought but never read and some books are from my research of new books I want to buy! I hope you enjoy this list and feel free to share what your reading list is!

1. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

A book I have tried multiple times to read but never succeeded. It's a book I dearly want to read and I am unsure why I cannot get myself to read it. Maybe it's because I haven't read fiction in a while? But this book is definitely on my list!

2. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

This book is a best seller and a New York Times Editor's Choice. I ran upon this book in the NYTimes and have been eyeing this book ever since. It's quite a thick book but with the story that it holds, I feel that each page will just fly by. A story that hits home as it is about Korea so I am quite excited to read this.

3. Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell

Another book I have tried multiple times to read but never got to finish. I have been having a lot on my mind with senior year of college coming up and so my choice of books have changed a lot. This book is a must to finish this summer.

4. Garden City: Work, Rest, and the Art of Being Human by John Mark Comer

This is a Christian book that goes into details about the Creation. I recently read Pastor John Mark Comer's other book called God Has A Name and it was absolutely amazing and I expect the same for this book as well. Genesis contains stories about the work of God that is crucial to understand and learn.

If you are questioning yourself "Why am I here?" this book is for you!

5. The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact by Chip Heath, Dan Heath

Memories are all we have as time passes and the author of this book dissects how our experiences in life become such an important part of our memory. It's such an interesting topic and has a very high review so excited for this book!