Summer Movies, Read All About It!

Summer Movies, Read All About It!

Your go-to guide to all of summer's hottest movies

5
Summer Movies, Read All About It!

As we approach the start of summer, almost anyone could easily list their top five favorite things about this sunny, bright time of year. For some, it’s the beach, a break from school, reconnecting with old friends, traveling, or even binging one of their favorite shows. I’d say one of my all-time favorite things about summer is the release of new movies. Because so many people have this two month break from school, studios strategically releases some of their best movies from May to August.

Instead of waiting for a preview to come up on TV or searching tirelessly through reviews from stingy critics, I'll spare you the hassle with this list of the best upcoming summer movies.

SUICIDE SQUAD (August 5)

Are you someone who’s secretly always rooted for the bad guys in the superhero movies? If so, Suicide Squad is just for you. With well known actors such as Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Will Smith, and even Cara Delevinge, this movie gives the generally recognized “bad guys” a proposition to fight for the greater good in exchange for a shorter prison sentence. Comically fighting for good puts these bad guys to the test, as they are described as “the worst heroes ever." Watch Harley Quinn, the Joker, and more as they use their evil powers for good.

THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS (July 8)

Ever wondered what your pets do when they’re left alone in the house? Now, you don’t have to wonder anymore. This funny animated movies centers around a dog in a Manhattan apartment building where a bunch of other pets also reside. Sure to be great for more than just the cats and dogs, this kid-friendly, funny movie is perfect for the whole family.

THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (July 1)

If you’re looking for a real-life Disney version of the classic tale Tarzan, then don’t look here. Rather, The Legend of Tarzan takes you on a journey of what life is like after Tarzan leaves the jungle with his wife Jane. He returns to the Congo after Parliament has been conspiring to use Tarzan as a pawn. See Tarzan as he fights for justice while also reconnecting with some of your favorite characters.

FINDING DORY (June 17)

I’m sure Ellen Degeneres is more excited than anyone else for the release of the long awaited sequel to everyone’s favorite fish movie Finding Nemo. This movie takes you on the journey of, you guessed it, finding Dory, while she also goes on a quest to find her family.

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS (May 27)

Loved Alice in Wonderland? This sequel is sure to give you your fix of more Alice, the Queen of Hearts, and the Mad Hatter. Watch as Alice must race against the Hand of Time to win rightfully win the throne back for the Queen of Hearts.

THE CONJURING 2 (June 10)

If you’re a horror movie lover like myself, the sequel to The Conjuring may be your movie. In the second installment of the film, the same two paranormal investigators are called to trace poltergeist activity in a council house.

NOW YOU SEE ME 2 (June 10)

Who doesn’t love magic? If you loved the first installment of this film, you’re bound to be wondering what happens to the four horsemen after they outwitted the FBI. Follow them as they attempt to expose the unethical practices of a tech mogul, while also enjoying some magic along the way.

ME BEFORE YOU (June 3)

Feeling romantic? Look no further than this Nicolas Spark-esque type film. Based off a book by author Jojo Moyes, this film follows innocent Lou Clark as she frantically searches for a new job after getting fired. She finds a position as a caregiver to a man named Will who is paralyzed from the waist-down. The two get along well and soon enough, a romance blossoms. Be prepared with tissues for this heart-warming, tear-jerking movie.

Grab your tickets and popcorn and get ready to enjoy these summer favorites!