Summer Inside-An In2une Playlist

Summer Inside-An In2une Playlist

This summer playlist encourages the emotions that June and July normally encompass, but with the motivation to stay inside and stay safe.

18
Summer Inside-An In2une Playlist

In2une - Summer Inside Playlist

It's a summer of staying inside. Tours have all be shut down, merch is sitting in closets waiting another year to be worn and the Spotify streaming has shifted into all-time highs.

It is a weird time right now, a lot of uncertainty and to the looks of it, a pretty boring summer for most of the world. But that isn't stopping artists from putting out music. In a time of chaos, artists are using music to bring people together. In an interview about his new album, John Legend said, "During these painful times, some of us may wonder if it's ok to laugh or dance or be romantic…It's important for us to continue".

This summer may not be filled with tightly packed bars, or the European vacation, or even Lollapalooza (no I'm not over it). Nonetheless, it is filled with new music that has yet to be discovered. Right now, the charts are filled with over-played TikTok songs (don't get me wrong some of them are great), but what happened to finding music organically?

College representatives from In2une are trying to take the trouble out of searching for playlists for your concert craving hearts. The campus playlist updates biweekly with different moods, sounds, and tastes. With over 20 people contributing to these playlists, it is full of diversity from R&B sounds, Indie, to full out 80's disco moods.

This article is diving into a few songs from the third playlist update. The Summer Inside playlist is filled with various sounds that deserve some street credit.

The first song is a perfect hook for this playlist. It is called Disco Man by Remi Wolf (Little Dragon Remix), and it was inspired by a dance party encounter with two men dressed as "porny cowboys". Remi Wolf showcases this super poppy vibe in May of 2020 and Little Dragon remixed it in early June. With a catchy changing beat, you'll be hooked. Add this song to your get ready playlist because it'll be your hype man while were all social distancing.

The next song is a total indie-pop mood in the song Prune, You Talk Funny. Gus Dapperton's video for this song is the classic dis towards high school and the common desire of sneaking out, being caught in detention, and riding in a convertible with all of your friends but with some super weird twists.

Gus also just recently released a new single called "Post Humorous", which will be followed later in the year with a new album. If you like Indie-pop he is your man.

The Indie-pop vibe is followed by a mellow R&B sound called Cheesin' and it is full of a wide range of voices and features Remi Wolf as well! More of a pool day vibe or a slow car drive. It is intertwined with female and male voices that seem to show a dialog. All I can say is it's a mood.

The playlist continues with some poppy upbeat songs like Crush by Duckwrth and Heybb! by Binki. These songs have the 80's & 90's vibe that hopefully can help distract you a little from 2020.

LIVVIA is a standout female artist on this playlist with the song Dizzy, which has a groovy beat and describes the Dizzy feeling of falling for someone. It can be confusing, exciting and this song really says exactly how those new relationship butterflies feel.

The next song is one of my favorites and it is Windows by Still Woozy, it gives me the early 2000's vibes with a modern-day twist. It is full of mellow indie sounds and is just a feel-good song for days when you might need a pick me up.

If you are in need of a flashback to your middle school years filled with Bruno Mars, Jason Mraz vibes, and Jason Derulo; then this year-old tune Late Night by Lucky Daye is that mood. It has a slow beat with a groovy sound that will 100% bring you back to those awkward years.

Another favorite on this playlist is Overdue by Bran Movay. It is a slower rap-R&B sound and is perfect for that pregame playlist on your phone. The beat drops about a minute in and you'll be hooked from there.

The entire playlist is full of amazing songs that will compliment any playlist mix. If you're in need of some new music, then In2une's Summer Inside is one you could surf through to find any vibe. If you want to listen to the playlist the link is below and don't forget to hit the heart to follow it as it changes in the coming weeks!