A Summer In Friartown As Told By 'The Office'

Or a summer on any college campus, really.

4
tumblr

So, you've decided to spend your summer at one of your favorite places on earth — Providence College.

The reason you're going back doesn't matter. All that matters is that you'll be there.

Some of your squad are even going with you.

You've already planned all of your summer adventures.

But then you get there and realize that Ray is closed, and you have no meal plan.

So you're forced to cook for yourself, and it ends up looking like this:

At least you tried.

And then eventually it dissolves into this:

You've never missed Ray this much in your entire life.

But it's OK. The first day party rolls around, and there's a water slide.

Not that you can get ice cream because you don't have a meal plan, and thus, don't have access to the soft serve machine in the dining hall.

Then you realize that there aren't actually that many parties in the summer, and soon enough, your nightlife looks like this:

Or you get together with your friends in your room, in which case your nightlife looks like this:

Except you're talking to the fridge instead of another human being.

There are so few people around that you see the same faces everywhere.

That being said, your potential dating opportunities for the summer are limited.

Tinder time, I guess?

Despite all of this, you get uncomfortable when there are tours walking around campus because you're overwhelmed by all of the youths and people asking you for directions.

Your summer desk job makes you feel like this:

Your boss comes in and asks what you're doing.

You don't have a meal plan, remember?

Or you could be in Al Mag doing research, and someone asks you to describe your experiment in detail.

You'll get the hang of it by August. Maybe.

God forbid you're an athlete spending your summer with Coach White. Good luck. You're the real MVPs.

It'll be worth it during the season. But not now. Definitely not now.

Also, how's that summer class going?

Just kidding. You're totally rocking it even though you feel like schoolwork during the summer should be against the law.

You see pictures of your friends at the beach or playing with kids at a camp during the week while you're trapped in the lab or library.

You only have one goal.

Don't well all, Kevin?

Which you do end up accomplishing when your one commuter friend decides to take you in his car.

You thought you were going to make bank, but between food and alcohol, you're spending your paycheck faster than it's coming in.

Before you know it, it's the Fourth of July, and you've made all the right preparations.

And suddenly everyone is here and there's another water slide and fireworks, and life is very, very good.

You feel incredibly #blessed.

Because you are.

But then everything quiets down again, and you realize that there's nothing to do on campus.

Things get so drastic that you even start going to the gym.

You actually love spin class, though. And burritos.

You try to text your friends, but no one responds, because they're all busy leading their own lives.

How dare they?!

You give them an open invitation to come on the weekends, hyping up PC and all its glory.

Some more forcefully than others.

Then one lone friend decides to show up and you go nuts.

You go nuts anyway, but it's better when people visit.

Wait, we celebrate Christmas in July here?!

Yes. Yes we do.

Soon enough, August rolls around, and you're just ready to go home and eat food that you don't have to pay for.

MOM, I MISSED YOU.

And then you realized that you actually had a really great summer with some really great people.

They're basically family at this point.

Part of you doesn't even want to leave.

Despite the job and classes and training you're leaving behind for freedom.

But don't worry. You'll be back in a few weeks for your next round in Friartown.