Summer Break As Told By 'Parks And Rec'

Summer Break As Told By 'Parks And Rec'

The people of Pawnee know the ins and outs of summer vacation better than you might think!

15
Summer Break As Told By 'Parks And Rec'
Indie Wire

The highs, the lows, the long-awaited summer break. Your favorite local government employees know a thing or two about how you're likely spending it!

1. You're so overjoyed that there aren't any assignments, exams, or essays hanging over your head!

2. JK -- Your teacher decides to email you two months early with a course syllabus and some suggested reading materials. Sun's out, fun's out!

3. You get bored and spend a lot of time working on your Tumblr feed, working at a job, working out, you get the point.

4. Best friend withdrawals are real, and they suck.

5. When you experience a crisis, it hits you that everyone you would normally go to for advice is hours away from where you are.

6. No, underage drinking and partying is not widely practiced or socially accepted. I'll pray for you.

7. You start stressing about apartment decorations and transform yourself into a legit interior decorator. Meanwhile, your roommates have a totally different theme in mind...

8. Blowing all your money (as soon as you make it) at the mall because you have no willpower happens to the best of us.

9. You watch every series fathomable on Netflix, and then purchase HBO and have a long-awaited and well-deserved "Game of Thrones" marathon because why not?

10. After Netflix gets boring, you head on over to YouTube, and somehow, someway, after hours passed, you get to the dark zone––the sketchy part of YouTube that you've vaguely heard of and been severely cautioned about.

11. Independence is a rare luxury that we aren't often afforded whilst living at home. In college, its nice being on our own schedules and answering to our own rules.

12. You start to rely on and take advantage of home-cooked meals because you forgot what it felt like to not order in every day or live off leftovers. You might also even get a little experimental and adventurous after watching your fair share of Tasty videos, too!

13. You browse through Instagram and realize that while everyone else is exploring Europe and interning at super cool places, you haven't moved off your couch in three weeks.

14. You pat yourself on the back for holding your own in serious conversation 'cause you're smart and you know stuff. More stuff than your family does, actually. #College, yo.

15. Maybe your suitcases from school aren't fully unpacked even though you have been home for a substantial period of time, but that's OK, because all that matters is your rehabilitation after a brutal quarter. Enjoy some summer R 'n' R!

P.S. In case you get bored and start to miss your friends, some friendly advice to always remember: