Summer Body Requires Year-Round Training

It's much easier to stay in shape than it is to get in shape.

7
Med Fitness Blog

We all know it's that season again. Summer is coming in hot (pun intended), but oops, you haven't started working on your summer body yet! Time to work out vigorously and cut those calories. Just kidding, don't do those things. That's unhealthy. So why is this "summer body" so important? Typically this "summer body" fad goes hand-in-hand with a short term unhealthy diet and workout program. I mean, how else would you get skinny quick? That's right, starving yourself! Well, you want to look good in a bikini right? What about looking good all year-round? Staying thin and in shape through healthy means is a process. It does take time, but the results are long term and you'll be happy; which is why your summer body training starts in the winter.

Staying in shape is so much easier than getting in shape. Why would you want to put your body under unnecessary stress just before summer? Instead, you could have a workout program year-round to keep you in shape so you don't have to fret once summer comes, nor do you have to overwork and under-eat. Keeping a steady workout schedule year-round will not only keep you feeling good, but you'll be looking good, too.

Motivation is always a problem when it comes to working out. Getting sweaty and tired isn't generally something we want to do. But, since your summer body starts in the winter, is keeping warm a good motivation? Breaking a sweat during colder seasons is more bearable since the cool air feels soothing on post-workout skin. Summer sweat is pretty awful since the heated air can't cool you down as much as winter air.

You don't have to go to the gym to workout. While it would be nice to have access to gym equipment, it's not necessary. You can use no weights at all or buy basic dumbbells and ankle weights; as long as you're feeling the burn, you're going to get results. In addition to the ease of home workouts, you can watch your favorite shows while doing it, which will make your workouts more enjoyable.

Sadly, eating junk food all the time won't get you the summer body you want. I'm not saying to rid junk food from your diet completely, just limit how much and how often you consume it. Clear your fridge of junk food. You won't be tempted to eat it if it's not readily available. Keep junk snacks out of sight. Don't keep them somewhere you'll see and immediately want to reach for them. Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables; yes, I know healthy eating is kind of a touchy subject (which is ridiculous) but you're not doing yourself any favors by limiting the amount of healthy foods you eat.

You're not going to be happy with yourself nor your body from repetitive torture of "bikini body" workout programs a month before summer arrives. Once you're set in a regular workout schedule, it will be easy for you do be active more often. Eating right, finding motivation, and the ease of in-home workouts are simple stepping stones into year-round fitness. So, are you going to start working on your summer body early from now on?