The 10 Best Study Spots For The Stressed Out Villanovan

The 10 Best Study Spots For The Stressed Out Villanovan During Finals Week

Finding a good place to study is a struggle.

161
Flickr

With finals coming up, we're all searching for the best place for some peace and quiet. Whether it's to cram last minute or to begin your studying two weeks in advance, finding a good place to study is ridiculously important. The environment you are in and the distractions you choose to surround yourself with can make or break how well you study. If you want to ace your finals, try one of these spots on campus

1. President's lounge

There's a freaking fire place. It's the closest most of us will get to the Gryffindor common room and I love it. There's no music playing like there is in the rest of Conn and its just very quiet and peaceful. It's a great place to curl up on a couch to do some reading for class or to grind out a paper.

2. 4th floor Falvey

Only go here if you are okay with working in absolute silence; it is quiet enough to hear a pin drop and even writing feels too loud sometimes. If you are okay with this level of quiet though, 4th floor Falvey is where you will be most productive. Not being allowed to talk makes it 100x easier to get more work done because you won't get distracted by noises or tempted to talk to other people.

3. Reading room

Similarly to the 4th floor, the reading room in Falvey is relatively quiet, but it is a bit more social. You won't feel judged for typing too loud or anything of that sort and quiet whispers are welcome. Hence it's name, it is a good place to go if you have a substantial amount of reading to get done, but it is also a great place to go if you have a paper to write or content to study.

4. Dorm lounges

Lounges vary based on what dorm you live in; the Stanford lounges for example are generally relatively quiet, whereas 3rd floor of Caughlin is very social. Lounges are normally conducive for when you have to work with a group or when you need to leave your room to focus but don't want to leave the building.

5. Stanford basement

Highly underrated spot to study in. Yes, at night, it can feel a bit creepy, but that is the only downfall. It is typically very quiet, there is usually the white noise of the laundry room, and the chairs are pretty comfy. This is a really good place to go if you live in Stanford and need to get some work done late at night.

6. Empty classrooms in Tolentine

Empty classrooms in general are amazing, but in Tolentine you pretty much have zero chance of being bothered because no one likes to go there. The average person is not going to trek up the stairs in Tolentine if they do not have to, therefore it is a wonderfully quiet place to be if you need to get some work done.

7. Spit

Like the lounges, spit is another good place to get group work done. There's easy access to food, its located in the middle of South, and not too far of a walk from any of the freshman dorms. Although it can get to be a little loud in spit sometimes, if you can work with some background noise then this is the place to go.

8. Couches in Conn

This is a good place to work if you enjoy a lot of background noise or if you have headphones with you. Conn always has music playing, and this can be a good thing if you enjoy the music, but if you don't, come prepared with your own. You can pop some headphones in, lay down on a couch and grind out your work (or take a nap if you need to).

9. Your dorm room

Studying in your dorm room is a dangerous game to play. It is ridiculously easy to get distracted by your phone, your bed, your roommate, and a million other things. If you have willpower however, your dorm room is ideal for studying. You don't have to leave the building or worry about forgetting something you might have needed.

10. Cyber Lounge

Amazing couches; 10/10 would recommend taking a nap on them at some point. However, there are pool tables and a ping pong table and TVs which is not the best environment for studying or reading. If you have no trouble focusing, this is a fine place to study, but if you cannot focus, do not study here. You will most likely get distracted by playing pool and get nothing done.