10 Types Of Students You've Probably Met At College

Every school has these kinds of people.

114

We're well into the beginning of fall semester, and you're bound to have met some new people whether you're a freshman or a senior. These people may even be some of your closest friends, but there's no denying that some fit these molds. This isn't a bad thing, though! The people in each group just have certain tendencies that make them fall under these categories. Maybe you're one of them!

Here are ten types of students you've probably met at college so far:

1. The Overachievers

The students who always seem to know the answer and raise their hands at any given opportunity. They also highlight their calligraphy written notes with every color possible and turn in their assignments the week before it's due. What, didn't you read the syllabus?!

2. The One-Uppers

You think you're stressed?! Please, these students have way more homework, way more lecture notes, and five classes a day without breaks. Plus, they're president of every club they're in. Don't even think of mentioning that you're tired in front of them because they will always have less sleep than you had. These college kids don't even have time to breathe!

3. The Athletes

They're not pictured here because they're never even in class. They either have practice, games, or meets. You've probably never even seen them in person. Are they even in your class?

4. The Frat Guys

"Who do you know here? No, seriously, who do you know here?! No, you're cool, it's just like...we don't really want to let in people we don't know, you know? Also, we can probably shotgun faster than all of you combined. Don't even try it."

5. The Confused Ones

"Hey, did you get that answer?" These students are always silently peering over your shoulder, not so subtly copying your notes or answers to an assignment. They never hesitate to ask you what answer they got, usually "just to make sure." It's constant with them.

6. The Mean Girls

Yes, mean girls still exist in college. These don't even have to be people you know on a personal basis. They silently judge you as you walk across campus or put their bags on the empty seat next to them on the bus. You can't sit with them!

7. The Ones With Headphones In...At ALL Times

They can't be bothered to talk to you, so don't even make the attempt. They even leave their beloved headphones in during class. They don't want their professors interrupting their music.

8. The Skateboarders

You know they'll always be on time for class, maybe even early. They travel across campus so quickly that they may almost crash into you (I've seen it happen). Some of their boards are even motorized, increasing their speed and decreasing their safety.

9. The Partiers

So what if they have an 8 A.M.? You'll still see these people at a party on a Wednesday night, then again on Thursday, then Friday and Saturday. These are also the people constantly receiving warnings about noise.

10. The Broke Ones (Basically Everyone)

In case you don't know yet, college is expensive! From tuition to room and board or rent, from groceries to books and online textbook codes...the list trails on and on. Not only do we put in work in the classroom, but some of us have to get jobs so we aren't living on ramen noodles and free samples!