Torn Between Two Career Paths
Health Wellness

Stuck in a Limbo

Right now I'm torn between two different career paths.

123
Stuck in a Limbo
https://www.pexels.com/photo/monochrome-photography-of-woman-on-the-escalator-1166895/

I'm going into my senior year of college, and that means deciding my future career path is right around the corner. For some people this is no problem because they have known what they wanted to since they were in high school, or maybe even middle school.

However, with me, I have been torn between nursing and genetic counseling for a few months now. It's hard to decide because they both have so many pros and not many cons as careers.

With nursing, I love how there is so much opportunity. You can go on to get your masters and specialize in things like education, or even go on to be a midwife. The job is also very rewarding because there are so many sick people that need to be cared for so that they can get back to good health.

However, with genetic counseling, I love how the counselors offer support and resources to their patients but also have a great background in genetics and different diseases caused by mutations. I also like how genetic counselors are finding more things out about genes everyday, because I am personally fascinated with genes.

Because of what I said above, I'm stuck. I work as a nurse assistant right now, and I'm going to shadow a couple genetic counselors this summer. I hope that these experiences will help me decide which career path is best for me.

It is honestly very challenging to decide what career path I want to pursue because I feel like there's pressure on me. I also feel like the more time I take deciding, the more behind I will be. This isn't necessarily the case, however it's my paranoia talking to me.

I envy the people that know what they want to do from the get go. I wish that could be me. However, if that was me, I would be a fashion designer (I said that I wanted to be one when I was six). Maybe it's a good thing I didn't stick with it because my creativity skills are seriously lacking.

All in all, I feel like I can't go wrong with either career. I will probably be content with either one. However, if I choose one and am not happy, I can always go back to school. One way or another, I will find my dream job and love it!

All my love,

Kamille