I May Struggle With Anxiety, But It Does Not Define Who I Am

A constant struggle that you can overcome.
72

I have dealt with anxiety for years now. It did not start to become a concern until I started my freshman year of college. I can remember those days where I did not want to go because I was overwhelmed with anxiety.

I didn't start to actually talk about it until last year. It was a rough year for my family and I and I just could not take it anymore. I talked to my mother about how I have been feeling and we went to the doctor to talk to him about it. It was so hard to talk to him without crying.

Getting out of bed each day is hard. There is a constant worry that follows me everywhere I go. Sometimes I get so down that I don't feel good enough to do anything. Sometimes I just want to hide and drown in my anxiety. It's a constant struggle that plagues your mind with everything you do. It affects your daily lives and relationships with others. It's hard to control.

My anxiety does not define me. It's not who I am. There are times that I get angry and lash out at people, but that's not me. That is the anxiety speaking. That is the person I don't want to be. I want to be the kind and loving person that I used to be, but sometimes the anxiety overcomes it. It's time to take over my life and stop letting my anxiety get the best of me. It's time to stop letting in control me.

I have learned that I always have someone to talk to about my issues. That also applies to those who are like me and struggle with anxiety. If you don't feel like you can talk to a certain person, talk to me. Talk to a medical professional. There is always someone there to help. You can take control of how you feel.