A Stronger, Happier Version Of Me Is Coming, And I Literally Cannot Wait To Meet Her

Perhaps the most fulfilling part of this entire journey is the fact that I am not restricted to the individual that I once was.

144
Photo by Nine Köpfer on Unsplash

I saw this quote on the Internet once and I thought it was worth sharing: "A better me is coming." In regards to the current trajectory of my life, that quote could not be more truthful.

Ever since I turned 21, I have felt empowered to craft the most beautiful life possible and live every moment to the fullest. I have also felt stronger and more capable overall.

It's been a joyous experience, in all honesty. I have laughed louder, smiled more frequently, and tried crazy new things just for the sake of living. I can truthfully say that I have begun to live.

And, simply put, it has been a long time coming.

I basically began to evaluate my life based on the simple fact that I only get one chance to live it. And since that moment, I've begun to take my life back. I vow to have no more bad days and to live without any regrets whatsoever.

Because honestly, why would anyone want to live any other possible way? Now, I've given this a lot of thought lately. I've determined that there is nothing wrong with reinventing yourself.

In fact, this new-and-improved "me" has been the best version yet.

It has been an amazing, earth-crushing, life-changing, and unforgettable experience to completely shift the way that I have been living. I've burned some bridges, picked up new habits, and dramatically shifted my perspective to focus on the direction I am traveling in—not the places I have been.

This up-and-coming version of me is stronger, unapologetic, happier, spontaneous, creative, optimistic, and more adventurous than I have ever been. Perhaps the most fulfilling part of this entire journey is the fact that I am not restricted to the individual that I once was. Indeed, I can (and fully intend to) continue to grow and better myself for as long as I exist on this earth.

For now, I'd just like to say a few words to the future me:

Hey girl,

Thank you for inspiring me and being a total #girlboss in literally everything that you do. You've shown me that I have far more potential and spunk than I ever could have imagined. You are hilarious, kind, and super creative. Keep on rocking your life—I'll soon catch up to you and we will #runtheworld. Until then, I'm gonna keep growing and focus on the beauty of the here and now.

P.S. I can't wait to meet you.