There are plenty of healthy local eateries students should check out before the semester ends.

As a resident of Fairfield County, I have made it my business to get to know where the best of the best is. Lucky for you, I am sharing my five top recommendations for the immediate area.

Kaitlyn Sandvik

1. Freshii

I love this place for their Market Salad and the Oaxaca Bowl. You can pick from a variety of protein options and make any of their meals vegan or vegetarian friendly. Also, they accept StagBucks and are on UberEats.

2. B.GOOD

The veggie burger prepared “West Side” style is to die for and my mother swears by it. The inside is also super cute and has a lot of seating.

3. Catch a Healthy Habit

This place offers all vegan options and is especially nice because it is a local business. Their desserts are phenomenal and you don’t have to be filled with guilt after indulging in them. They also sell locally brewed Cross Culture Kombucha; my favorite flavor is the Jasmine Green Tea.

4. Organika

The spot is located in Southport and is a favorite of mine. I love their rendition of a veggie burger, the Kalifornia Burger and I also am a big fan of their AB & J Smoothie because let’s be honest, who doesn’t love feeling like they are eating a peanut butter and jelly while they are getting their daily fruit serving in?

5. The Granola Bar

I am in love with this place. The inside is beautifully decorated and the menu is phenomenal. I always get the Power Matcha Smoothie and the Breakfast Burrito with spinach instead of cheese. I also highly recommend their Blackened Salmon Wrap.