The True Danger Of A Stalker

The True Danger Of A Stalker

"A person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention."

162
The True Danger Of A Stalker
Stocksnap.io

Meeting new people is always a great thing, sometimes those new people will be in your life for a while. Especially when you go to college, you are kind of forced to meet people whether you want to or not - which isn't a bad thing. One thing I'm going to say about meeting new people is to be careful.

In this day and age, you never know if people are who they say they are. Especially if you don't know them, or even when you do know them, you can be surprised. There are a lot of messed up people out there that could possibly hurt you one day when you're not looking.

I met a guy at school last semester in my volleyball class and he seemed nice and had potential to be a cool friend. He ended up asking for my number after the third class we had and I didn't think any harm would come out of it at first. He ended up losing my number and found my email off the roster and emailed me telling me how he lost my number. It was kind of cute at first, but man, do I just wish I ignored him at points.

At first, when we were talking, he would be constantly complimenting me which I obviously didn't have a problem with. But, they were also never-ending... He wanted to know a lot about me which most new people do. I would always be thanking him for the nice things he was saying about me but he also had no idea who I was and I had no idea who he was.

The talking became too much when he was constantly texting, calling, and snapchatting. If I didn't answer, he would blow up my phone until I did - which that is not something I find cute, I find that obsessive.

After like three weeks of talking, he wanted to date me and was saying he loved me. That's where I lost my sh*t. I told him repeatedly that I did not like him in that way and that he can't just go around saying that. So, we agreed on being friends. Or so I thought. I would have to see him every Tuesday and Thursday, and sometimes he would follow me back to my car and try and get in it when I was in it. He would repeatedly say, "Hey, wanna make out after class?"... "Ummm NOOOOO."

It began to get a little out of hand, my family was becoming furious, as was my friends and me. Everyone was worried, I mean no one knew of him or about him and they were worried I was gonna get hurt. Honestly, I would beat the crap out of him and he is very lucky I haven't yet. This is still going on and I know I should do something about it but I don't even want the attention.

Learn from my experience: when a guy asks for your number and he looks normal, he may not be at all. Just be careful who you give you're information to at all times, and always be cautious of your surroundings. There are a lot of creeps out there. Especially as women, we have to be careful and look out for our safety. I understand if he likes me and wants to be my friend, but once I reject him more than once, you think he would get the hint. Plus, when someone follows you, is constantly trying to contact you, and shows up in places you will be, and you have no idea how they knew... Then that is not normal.