A Story of Taking Chances

A Story of Taking Chances

For the Sake of Less Regrets

140
A Story of Taking Chances
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vm-EO5KMhAw/VXpJwQvzueI/AAAAAAAALtM/9cCGasWQX-4/s1600/BE%2Belephant%2Bwalking%2Brope%2BDP.jpg

By the time this article is published I will either have found out my fate of my most anticipated internship or will be about to find out. My stomach is full of butterflies, how cliché. The butterflies are bouncing off of the walls of my stomach, driving into one another like a head on collision. If I do not receive this internship then what happens? Disappointment, fear of not being good enough, but I will not be questioning, "what if I would have applied?" I will know the outcome and I will know that I gave it my all.

As I look forward to my future, I think about the mistakes that I have made. Then I go into this philosophical battle in my mind and heart; where I ask myself, "can mistakes truly be mistakes if a lesson is learned?" My regrets come from those mistakes that were not made, those chances I did not take. An example of this would be my audition for Disney. I find myself regretting not going further in my audition process, despite receiving a callback.

Then you get into the deep, detailed process where you have the people who say, "everything happens for a reason." I do not know if that is necessarily true. It is not helpful to hear when you are facing times of failure or tragedy. Yeah, if I would have made the choice to go further in my auditions with Disney I could have turned out to be the next Selena or Miley, or I could have moved far away, and not have the life that I have now.

Maybe things do fall into place and you do not get the internship you want because of something that is aligned in the stars or better yet; maybe you do get the internship you want because that is what was supposed to happen. I am not really sure, but I do know that you will not find anything out if you do not take the first step in the right direction.