We Must Put A Stop To Women Fighting Against Women, We All Need To Empower One Another

We need to stop the hatred over life differences.

433
Jerry Kiesewetter on Unsplash

We have got to stop this whole woman vs woman thing we have going on right now.

"Why I'm a Protester and Not a Picket Fence Mom" or "Why Women Need Stop Protesting and Start..." are only a couple of the types of articles I see when I open my Facebook, Twitter, or visit an opinion website. And I get it, we are all entitled to our opinion. Whether you protest at women marches, protest those women marches, or do not care at all does not matter to me. What I care about is the hatred that is brewing between women over these things.

The world of women is changing right now, that is an undeniable fact.

Women across the world are standing up for what they believe and are making things happen. That is an incredibly beautiful thing and is something that should be celebrated. Instead, we are getting into comment battles on Facebook posts and criticizing other women for what they believe and how they lead their lives.

To put it simply, everyone is entitled to their own damn opinion.

You believe women deserve equal pay? Awesome! You're pro-choice? Awesome! You think Donald Trump is doing great? Awesome! You believe women marches are a waste of time? Awesome! You think the Me Too and Time's Up Movements are going to change lives? Awesome! You believe that women are in a perfectly good place in the world? Awesome!

Do I agree with half of the things I just listed? Absolutely not, but do I believe everyone is entitled to make form their own ideas and conclusions? Absolutely. I have a firm set of beliefs and morals that I live by, just as so many other women do, and that is okay. I will never attack another human being on their beliefs though. If it comes up will I discuss my beliefs and make my points known? Of course!

Will I respectfully listen and respond to someone with a differing opinion?

Of course, I will, because I am a respectful and understanding human being.

Will I face criticism and be looked at differently because of my beliefs at times? Sadly, yes. Will others be treated the same way? Sadly, yes. We will all be attacked and condemned for our choices and beliefs at some point, no matter if they are right or wrong. That is a bridge we will have to cross when we get there. Until then, I am going to continue to respect and admire women standing up their beliefs and fighting for them no matter my personal opinion on the matter.

We have to stop the hatred between women over life differences.

We are in the midst of an incredible change, and the ability to love and support one another is vital. Let love, respect, and understanding win, not the hatred that so many spew.

I am also going to end this article by stating that I believe men are equal in these rights as well, all human beings deserved to be respected. This is simply an article discussing the women issue at this time.