Okay, sure, the Boston Celtics are no longer with their incredible 16-game win streak that opened up the season, but that's no reason to doubt their talent and potential.

The Celtics are on a three-game losing streak (as of Feb.15) and have been knocked down to the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference, topped by the Toronto Raptors, who have been doing their thing this season.

However, despite this setback, it's silly to try to say that Boston doesn't have "depth" on their roster. I heard Stephen A. Smith say this last Wednesday on his radio show and I thought it was absurd.

Let's see:

Al Horford is averaging a solid 13.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 5.1 assists. He's also 50 percent in the paint and just a little over 40 percent from behind the arc.

Aron Baynes has 5.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists this season.

Rookie Jayson Tatum has tallied 13.5 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists. He's been able to adjust nicely to the Celtics and the way they play.

Second-year player Jaylen Brown is already doing much better than last season with his 14.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists. The chemistry that Brown has with the rest of the team is contagious, in a good way.

Kyrie Irving is currently averaging 24.7 points, 3.6 rebounds and 5.0 assists. He dominates the floor and takes charge with the ball.

Of course, these are just stats, but they do tell a story. And these players, as well as the rest of the team and Brad Stevens, have been busting their butts this season to reclaim the East for the second season in a row.

I think as humans, especially as sports fans, we see these teams slip up for a few games and we overreact and think it's all over--we're too pessimistic. We are rarely think something is possible.

Don't doubt these young guys just yet--just wait after All-Star break.