To The St. Louis Protestors, Shutting Down The City Is Not The Solution

If we stop the protests and come together we can change the city around.
77

I'm sure many of you have heard about all of the problems that are going on in St. Louis and I'm sure that some of you are defending some of the protests. I understand that you have a right to protest peacefully and I understand that you can speak freely about what you want.

But I don't understand why people are using this to try and shut down things?

Why would you shut down a road to get to a hospital?

Why would you try to shut down things like "The walk for Alzheimer's"?

Why would you try to shut down malls where people are working to make money to feed their families?

I understand you're hurt and you want to get your point across, but taking a different stand would be better. More people would respect what you have to say if you did something as simple as writing a letter. Nobody is going to respect you when you are purposely trying to shut down things and breaking things.

I know you think this is the right way to do things. I know you believe that this will solve some kind of issue, but it won't. It'll make things worse. The problem with all of this is that cities need to change, not just the cops, not just the people, but the entire city! Have you seen the drastic population changes in large cities like St. Louis? The population has dropped by many thousands and that is hurting cities majorly. I think that may be something we can all agree on.

Even if you can't agree with me, it is in the statistics and the population will continue to drop if we do not change the cities around.