Halloween Costumes

It's Time To Stop The 'Slutty' Halloween Costume Trend

Lets stop picking out costumes just for the sexual appeal and start being more creative.

163

It's October, and it's officially spooky season. Scares, scary movies, Halloween, the list could go on.

Halloween has been a big deal since we were kids because I mean who didn't want to wear a funny costume and get free candy? Even after I got to college, it was still fun for us to dress up just for the fun of it.

However, the older I got, the more popular the "slutty" costume trend became.

But why is this a thing? I always think about that scene from "Mean Girls," where the main character Cady makes the comment that Halloween is an excuse for girls to dress as slutty as they want, without the judgment. Well, I disagree.

It's 2018. Why are we still picking out costumes just for sexual appeal?

Now, these days the whole "body positivity" thing is very big, and I get that. Be comfortable with your body and wear whatever makes you happy, but I don't agree with wearing these slutty costumes because, let's be real, most of you are doing it because you like the attention it gets you.

Not only that, but it's fall. How are you all not freezing in the little clothes you're wearing? I live in the south so it may or may not be cold on Halloween night, but still. Why risk freezing just to show off your "goodies?"

It's time we stop this "slutty" costume trend. It's ridiculous.

Stop worrying about the attention from the boys. Don't dress for them. Don't use the "but it's Halloween I can wear what I want" excuse.

This Halloween, I challenge you to get together with friends, find a cute costume and have fun. Don't buy or create a "slutty" costume. Don't dress for the attention of a male.

There are so many other options out there. You can even make something cute for cheap. So be creative, instead of sticking to this dumb trend.

It's time we throw out the "slutty" Halloween costumes and never look back.