We need to stop looking online For the approval We Need to feel "normal"

"No one realizes the impact of these social platforms and how we are actually looking at ourselves differently based on our depiction of others and what we "should" be."

45

I know it's 2018 and times have changed but let's take a second and focus on the person that you are versus the one you see online. Everyone is so intrigued by the people that lead or generation by style, presence, and materialistic items that don't really mean anything.

It's time for us millennials to support one another and stop judging by appearance and style because there are so many other important aspects of a person to look at. We are so caught up in the future and what we should be versus what we are today, which is a major issue within itself.

No one realizes the impact of these social platforms and how we are actually looking at ourselves differently based on our depiction of others and what we "should" be. This stigma has raised so many eyebrows to the point that people are actually changing their appearances to fit the social "norms" of our decade. Even starting at the age of 8 or 9, kids are starting to look to those online for the ways that they should be looking and speaking.

It's really odd hearing it back and realizing that we are actually going out of our way and changing our lives to do things that other people say is "normal". We need to stop doing this, but saying that is so much easier than actually going through the process. But let's say a video goes viral, people are listening and following up with the continuous thread immediately. Everyone is so fascinated by trends, and what if the trend was to stop and just smell the flowers.. I think if all of us just stopped and smelled flowers for a few minutes, our perception of things could actually change a little.

We don't think about things enough in this generation, we just jump to conclusions and irritate each other about perspectives that we don't necessarily agree with. If anything, just take a moment and listen to yourself and hear the things that you've never let yourself digest. As millennials, we are all too scared to even think about our present and our future when we are just sulking on the past.

Times are always changing and everyday there is something new occurring within the world around us. Just keep in mind that you're such a major part of life itself and your views my change by the actions of others, but always remember to stay true to yourself.

That's the major thing that our generation is having issues with, we don't even know who we are because everyday we are seeking the approval of others. Whether it's the social media influencers that we check up on everyday, or the one's that stream online for a a few minutes every week, someone is influencing us. The things we wear, the way we talk, and how we reach out to other people is all impacted by others.

So yes, watching people online is perfectly fine and amazing because it's entertaining and interesting to see people in all different walks of the earth sharing their stories. But make sure to stay true to yourself and keep finding out who you are and don't let anything change your process.