Stop Rushing Yourself To Grow Up

Stop Rushing Yourself To Grow Up

You only have 18 years to act like a kid, don't rush it.

3
Stop Rushing Yourself To Grow Up

It seems that all we ever wanted when we were children was to be an adult. So much so, that we tend to rush the process now. I have never understood the rush to grow up. I never saw the fun in being an adult. Being an adult just seemed extremely stressful and that was something I did not want to be part of.

A trend I noticed in high school is at least one or two people a year graduated early. I never understood why. Why would someone want to cut their time in high school short? Then I realized, maybe that person was not having as much fun being in high school as I was. I often take my time in high school for granted. I had great friends, I was a cheerleader, I had straight A's; there was no reason why I should have hated high school. But some people were not blessed with these great things that I was. Seeing people want to move on from high school broke my heart. But I eventually understood that high school just wasn't the place for them. And that's okay.

However, you have 18 years to stay a kid. Whether you want to cut that 18 years short or drag it out, cherish it. Cherish the days when you could study the night before a test. Cherish the time you had with your high school friends because chances are, your friendship won't last into college (and that is totally okay). Cherish your time as a kid because it goes by in a flash, and you're going to want it back.