I'm Done Trying To Force People Into My Life Who Don't Want To Be There
relationships

Remember that if they want to be with you or be in your life, they will show an effort. They will make it happen. They will make you feel important and wanted.

1580

I feel like, for the longest time, I would constantly try to chase after people to force them into my life. Whether it was someone I was attracted to and wanted to try for a relationship, or someone I admired for whatever reason and wanted as a friend, I forced my way into their lives in order to make them a part of mine. None of these interactions were worth my effort, though. My issue is that I love too hard. I put too much emotional exertion into people that don't want me, so why bother in the first place?

My heart is big. I care too much for those that don't care at all. And perhaps that partly explains why I've been so broken for so long. However, over these past few months, I've learned a ton about self-worth and self-love. When you begin to understand your own personal purpose, you learn to think with your brain for once instead of your heart. You learn that you deserve love from ANYONE with a mutual amount of effort and time. Life is far too short to deal with a constant level of imbalance.

Stop begging. Stop begging for someone to put forth emotional investment. Stop begging for a text or Snapchat back when you've been left on read time and time again. Stop begging for someone to hang out with you when they clearly don't want to.

Stop begging for someone to love you.

Soon it'll be easy to realize that reality isn't the fantasy you wish it would be. It's rare someone will come banging down your door to smother you with apologies and goodies to not lose you.

Remember that if they want to be with you or be in your life, they will show an effort. They will make it happen. They will make you feel important and wanted. If this doesn't happen, don't place yourself in the palm of their hands. Absolutely no one in this world is worth losing your mental sanity.

But more importantly, absolutely no one in this world is worth losing yourself.

From Your Site Articles