Blame Mass Shootings On The Gunman Only

Please Stop Blaming Mass Shootings On Anyone Other Than The Person Holding The Gun

I don't want to be another statistic, but at this rate, it's only a matter of time since we, as a country, are not looking at the root causes of these mass shootings. Instead, we blame it all on everything other than on our biggest societal problems of mental illness, dysfunctional families, and hatred.

32

We haven't dealt with the issues that have always been around in this country. The next thing you know, we have over 250 mass shootings, and that's just in 2019.

No one wants to look at the real issues at hand, so we blame anyone and anything we can. That's the easy way out of things. Since everyone in this country doesn't seem to have an answer they like, they all jump on board to anything that makes sense to them because everyone wants an answer right away.

That's our issue. We're not paying attention to the right problems.

Everyone is blaming and pointing fingers at everyone else. Stop.

Stop saying it's one person or one political party's fault. No one forced a gun into those sick people's hands. That was their choice. Their decision. Their fault.

Mass shootings are not new. They have happened for years, not just during Trump's presidency.

But they are happening more frequently. Maybe it has more to do with society than with ONE person or political party. People who genuinely believe that there is one thing that is causing this epidemic are just looking for a scapegoat and need someone to blame.

Who should you blame? The person who held the gun and murdered people. It's their fault.

People kill people. People make choices to take a gun and hurt others. Those are facts. I believe, though, that our society, our culture, and our environment play a major role in what is causing this spike in mass shootings.

Mental health is a huge problem that needs to be dealt with quickly. Anyone who can take a gun and hurt someone else is not mentally stable. No sane person can do that. Certain events in a person's life have to pile up for them to get to that breaking point.

As a country, a society, and a community, we isolate and neglect people. When we do that to those who are already on the edge, that's when tragedies happen. People aren't getting the help they need. We are treating them like they don't exist.

That is not an excuse, but it definitely can help explain what drives people to do horrendous acts.

I think it also has to do with the way parents are raising their kids and the lack of care they are providing them with. Everything starts in the home. That's where everyone learns the difference between wrong and right, good and bad. The family is supposed to teach you your values and beliefs. When that foundation is cracked, the family becomes unstable, and the children growing up in that household suffer the consequences.

If the family is teaching their kids to spread hate instead of love, that's exactly what the children will do. They will believe that is the RIGHT thing to do. But we can't solely blame the family because, once again, everyone is in charge of their own actions.

There are plenty of people in the world who grew up in unstable households, but they don't go around shooting people. The family is just one of the factors.

These shootings are happening everywhere and all the time. No matter where I go, whether it is to school, Walmart, synagogue, or the movie theatre, it can happen.

I really don't want to be a part of a statistic. I don't want to die and only be remembered as a victim in "another mass shooting in the United States." I don't want to go to school one day and not make it home. I don't want to be going shopping for a birthday present or just out buying school supplies and I get shot.

That's not what's meant to happen.

I don't know what to do. I can't do anything. I have no power to change anything. My words mean nothing and, clearly, the innocent lives that have been taken are dying in vain because it keeps happening over and over again with no change or course of action to try and prevent it.

People are getting mad when others offer their prayers and thoughts to the victims. That's because that's all we have to give. Since nothing is being done to stop innocent people from dying, all we have left to give are our prayers.

There is wrong and there is right. What's wrong is doing nothing and letting people die. The right thing to do is anything.

All anyone in this country wants at this point is some sort of action. Do something. Doing nothing and waiting for the next one to happen is the worst thing we can do.

I'm sure that means many people are going to be angry with whatever solution is proposed. Fine. I wouldn't care. I would rather people be mad with a solution than people grieving over their loved ones.

I feel helpless like nothing I say or do matter. People can write these articles, but none of it matters. People can go on TV and speak to the nation, but it doesn't matter. What will it take?

Lives are at stake here. It's someone's child. It's someone's dad, mom, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandparent, cousin, friend, neighbor, colleague. They are all someone to somebody out there.

All of those innocent victims were just human beings who I'm sure had planned out more in their life than being shot and killed in a Walmart. That's not how their lives were supposed to turn out.

So, when I say that I send thoughts and prayers, I don't mean just for those who died. I mean for everyone else that is alive and is afraid. Afraid that it's going to happen again.

I pray that there isn't another mass shooting. I'm praying that I won't just be another statistic.

I'm afraid. So, yes, I send my prayers and thoughts because that's all I can do and I'm not going to apologize for that.

My words here mean nothing and it's just adding to the nothing that is being done. So, I guess I'll just be here hoping that if my words won't be heard, that my prayers will be.

Many want to change the gun laws in this country. Let's just change society and culture.

Change the way we treat each other. Change the way children are being raised. Have stability in families and have every community accept everyone in it. Stop isolating people.

So, what is the main driver for all of these tragedies that keep occurring, then? Is it politics, or mental health, or gun laws?

Maybe it's everything. Maybe it's the fact that the way kids are being raised has changed, the dynamic of families have changed, and mental health problems have increased.

Maybe it's not just one thing causing it, and over time, all those problems that were never fixed led to this. So, it's not just a matter of changing some laws. It's not one person to blame.

We, as a country, as a society, let all these problems surface at the same time, and now we have tragedies on our hands.

Stop blaming one person. Stop blaming one thing. It's not just one cause, and at the end of the day, the person holding the gun is who we need to blame and no one else.

Please don't let me become another statistic.