Stereotyping You By Your Favorite Movies of 2016

A list of the most popular movies of 2016 and an exaggeration of its target demographic

58
Chud

I was kind of thinking about this article all year, especially after my one in February. However, after how popular and dangerous stereotypes have been this year, it took me some self-convincing to actually get this article made. I understood that these stereotypes are not meant to be taken seriously; they're simply a contrived, comedic demographic for each popular film. And that's the word that really got me to do this: comedic. In my personal experience, comedy is the best medicine. If I were to abstain from this article, thus abstaining from bringing comedy to the world? Then the terrorists win. Again, this isn't to be taken seriously, so please don't take any offense. Even my pick is in the list.

The Jungle Book: Little kids as well as adults who are fans of Apocalypse Now

Deadpool: People who haven't heard of the term "post-modernism" before

10 Cloverfield Lane: Non-contrarians who are sick of superhero movies

Finding Dory: The Odyssey Online Writers

Moonlight: Fans of Frank Ocean

Zootopia: Fans of the song "Same Love" by Macklemore

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: College-aged Potterheads who are using this film as a buffer for the existential fact that their childhood is over and there is no real-life Time Turner

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: DC die-hards who make legitimate threats toward Marvel fans on YouTube comment sections

Suicide Squad: Sorority girls who dressed up as Harley Quinn for Halloween but didn't watch Suicide Squad

Everybody Wants Some: Hipster dads who listen to Wilco while mowing the lawn

Green Room: Punks who would secretly have Simon and Garfunkel as their desert island band

The Secret Life of Pets: Female college students who share videos of dogs swimming twice daily on Facebook

Captain America Civil War: Kids who weren't old enough to watch Deadpool

Moana: Theatre kids

God's Not Dead 2: People who voted for Evan McMulli

Manchester By The Sea: Blue collar males who always make a scene at their Dunkin Donuts

Doctor Strange: Superhero fans who like to use the word "Kubrickian"

13 Hours: People who put up "Hillary For Prison" signs on their lawns

Star TrekBeyond: That one kid you know who goes to Comic-Con every year

La La Land: Cinephiles who like to use the word "escapism"

Ghostbusters: Feminists

Arrival: People who have been casually telling their friends the origin of the word "kangaroo."

Star Wars Rogue One: Most people in America