The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 16:13, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong." It is important to be on your guard and stand firm in your faith. Trust me I know it is not always easy, there are so many temptations and so much peer pressure in this world. The devil will throw many things at us, but we need to stand strong.

I struggle to stay firm in my faith especially at college. At college you are not home where everyone goes to church every Sunday, and you don't have your parents making sure you go to church. It seems weird living somewhere where not everyone goes to church every Sunday or even know who God is.

It is also hard when you don't have someone making sure you go to church, or you've had a long week of school and just want to sleep in all weekend and stay in bed. You also think people will judge you because you are going to church but do NOT care what people think, stand strong for what you believe in and do not let anyone change that. I have been to the BSU at Mississippi State and those people are the most genuine, caring people I have ever met. The first time I went on a Tuesday night, they were so welcoming and very excited to have me there.

There will be people who question you on why you believe in God and you need to tell them. There will also be people at college that have never heard the word of God or even who God is. So, do not be afraid of telling them what you believe in because it could change someone's life. I have been asked, "How do you believe in something you cannot see," I respond with you can't see air can you but you still breath it in and know it is there. The bible says in Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." The bible also says in 2 Corinthians 5:7, "For we live by faith, not by sight." When I was younger I did struggle with how do you believe in something you cannot see? Then I thought about it and there's no way on this earth we would be here if God wouldn't have created us. It wasn't a star that exploded and created all the nerves in our body, all the organs, our hair, or anything on this Earth. It was God. Everyone struggles with their faith during their lifetime. You will hit your all time low and think it's Gods fault, but it is just a test to see how strong you are in your faith. Stay true to Him and trust in Him. God will never lead us down the wrong path, although it may have a few bumps in the road, He knows our steps before we take them. He wants us to walk with Him. Proverbs 16:9