How I Stay Happy...Most of the Time

How I Stay Happy...Most Of The Time

Some tips and tricks that I use to stay in a good mood.

3
How I Stay Happy...Most Of The Time
Picjumbo

We have all had days where nothing is going wrong and we feel like the happiest person on the planet and then we've all had the exact opposite day, where everything is going wrong and we want a black hole to swallow us so we don't have to deal with anything.

Personally, I have been both so many times.

I have also been called a naturally happy person before and I don't think that's true. There are days when I'm excited and happy and feel untouchable but there are also days where I just want to sing off and crawl back into bed as soon as my alarm goes off.

This is not an article where I'm going to tell you to work out and wake up early (although those both do help) because I'm lazy and I like my sleep.

This is an article where I am going to give you 10 tips that I use to keep myself in a good mood on the days where I don't want to leave my bed and that I use to stay happy on the days I feel untouchable.

You have to know that there are going to be days that you aren't going to feel like yourself. 

This is the weirdest tip on here, but it is the most important one. For me knowing that there are days that are going to feel weird or "off" to me and that this is a normal thing is comforting.

It is normal and you have to be okay with not being okay sometimes. Even though I may not be in the best mood, I know that I will be in a better mood in a day or two.

Getting together with friends is more beneficial than you think.

Getting together and just hanging out with friends is such an easy way to feel happy for just a little bit. You can get your friends together at your house or one of theirs and just hang out there or you can actually go out and do something.

You guys can get together and vent out problems and live chat or you can hang out to forget about all of it for a while. For example, I have a friend that I try to hang out with once a week or when we are both homes.

She'll come to pick me up and sometimes we go somewhere and do something but most of the time we get teas or sodas and just drive around in her car and life chat until we both feel better and are laughing and joking around again.

If you decide to do something like this or actually do something similar, you might want to adopt the rule that we have: nothing shared or said in the car, leaves the car.

On the other hand, know when to stay in.

Unsplash

Making sure that you are on top of everything you need to do will help you get into a better mood. If you are behind on things, stressed, you haven't had the time to work on what you need to, or you feel like you need a break from the outside world then it's time to stay in.

Knowing when you need to stay in and get things done or just hit the pause button and relax is important to stay happy.

Knowing when your deadlines are and get things done early so you don't need to rush or worry about them later and knowing what triggers your stress can help you stay ahead of your bad and stressed out mood.

Play with your pet(s)!

Unsplash

Play with your dog, cat, puppy, kitten, or whatever pet you have.

I promise you, you will end in a better mood than you started. Playing with your pet and seeing them happy makes you feel happy because you are the one they are excited to be with.

This is good for both of you too!

Say yes to things!

Saying yes to random things or surprise things with my friends has definitely given me some of the best memories and happiest moments so far in my life. Try it at least once!

But you have to know when to say "no".

Saying yes to things is fun until you start falling behind in school or work.

The downside to saying "yes" is knowing when to say "no", but sometimes it has to be done. Say "no" when you are falling behind, you know you won't be able to do it when you don't want to do something, or if you just feel like saying "no" is the best choice.

Listen to music that makes you feel good.

Erica Felmlee

I have multiple playlists for when I am happy or I want to feel better. I also have one for other moods, but that's a different story for a different time.

Make a playlist of songs that make you feel good and happy and listen to it when you feel good and happy.

Another thing I like to do is use this playlist to put me in a better mood when I'm upset and sometimes it works really well and others I'm only in a better mood for a song or two.

(My Spotify is Erica Felmlee if you want to check it out or if you want some playlist ideas.)

Put on an outfit you feel good in.

Unsplash

Wearing something you feel good in is going to help boost your mood.

Looking good and feeling good go hand in hand so even if you aren't feeling much better after putting on something you like wearing and feel amazing in, you are still feeling a little bit in a better mood than before.

Keep a clean and organized space. 

Keeping everything organized and clean takes a little bit of stress off of you.

Making sure your space stays like this can be hard sometimes but, putting the effort in now and not having to worry about making a path to everywhere later is less stressful.

If things do get out of hand, at least stay organized. Knowing where everything is can leave you feeling better in a stressful situation.

Leave time for you to recharge. 

Having time to chill and relax is important for me to keep feeling positive.

When I do not have enough alone time I feel like I have a million things going on when I may only have one or two going on at that moment. Not all social interaction for me is equal either.

There are things I go to and leave feeling drained and there are others where I'll leave and I'll be ready for the next thing. Know your tendencies and plan ahead!

I hope this helped you! I use all of these tips and tricks and I hope you decide to add them to the things you do to stay positive!