25 Thoughts You Have When You Have To Stay At School For Maymester

We’ve all been there at some point in our college career and we all can relate
130

Just when you think you’re done with spring semester and you’ve finished your last final and are ready for your brain to checkout from school and relax for a few months… reality kicks in and you realize you still have four weeks of summer classes to get through before your “summer vacation” begins.

Here’s some thoughts you probably have had or are having as you begin these next few weeks.

1. Woooo schools out, I can’t wait for summer! *Thought after last final of spring semester*… Oh, just kidding summer classes start Monday, UGHHH

2. How am I gonna take more classes when my brain has checked out for the summer?

3. *Jealously thinking about how the seniors who just graduated are done with schoolwork for good*

4. Why did I willingly sign up for this? What was I thinking?

5. It can’t be that bad… it’s only four weeks *Takes back comment after sees amount of work teacher assigns each day*

6. My apartment complex feels so empty without everyone here

7. I get to stay at the best school for a few extra weeks!

8. I get to spend an extra few weeks with loved ones before I’m 10 hours away from them for the rest of the summer

9. I get the whole apartment to myself!

10. It’s so weird having class every day instead of every other day

11. Wow, it’s actually really relaxing here without all of the rowdy college kids

12. Hopefully these classes will boost my GPA even more

13. How should I decorate my apartment for next year?

14. At least all of my friends from home and siblings are still in school so I don’t feel like I’m really missing much

15. Now I don’t have to worry about getting a good parking spot in front of my apartment

16. At least there’s a pool at my apartment complex so I have the option to get some sun while I study

17. I don’t have to worry about getting to campus an hour early to find a parking spot

18. The teachers are understanding that it’s technically summer vacation and they don’t want to give us excessive amounts of work

19. At least we get a three-day weekend (Friday-Sunday) to recover from all the work

20. I finally have time to plan out and make healthy meals instead of picking up food on the go

21. It’s not fair that my school makes it impossible to graduate in four years with the amount of general education courses and major requirements… especially if you have two majors :(

22. I need a personal motivator to get through these coming weeks

23. Why does it have to be the nicest weather this week when I’m stuck inside when all we had spring semester was overcast and rain

24. Why is the library sooo quiet? This is just weird

25. I can finally get more than six hours of sleep at night and function like a real human being