5 Ways To Stay Sane Through April

5 Ways To Stay Sane Through April

Finals are here, but it's not the end.

9

Well, it's that time of year, the time when you realize 1.9 semesters have flown by, and it's time to get down to business. You're so close to a summer of relaxation and adventure, so close to being far away from writing paper after paper. But first, FINALS! Somehow, all of your professors expect your best work of the year on big projects and papers.

Your workload has just about doubled, just when you have completed making the list of things you need to do before you head back to where you came from. It's a caffeine-driven academic nightmare. Life? What life? You have entered social hibernation. Sounds restful, but it is quite the opposite. Don't worry, you can make it.

1. Prioritize.

That paper that's worth twenty percent of your final grade is definitely worth your time. For the ninth quiz, of which your professor only counts seven, you might want to see if you've maxed that category out already.

2. EXTRA CREDIT IT UP

A guaranteed five points in health for going to an extra yoga class? Totally worth the hour. (Plus it will help you destress.) When you're on the line between a minus and a solid letter, those little points can really make a difference. If not, it's always nice to have a little extra cushion going into the exam. And by nice, I mean talk about really reducing your obsessive point counting.

3. Reward yourself.

If I can't quite get motivated to study, I make sure to grab a great snack for while I work. Having a little brain food makes the study session a tad more indulgent, which can be scarce during the final month. Sour Patch Kids and chocolate milk anyone?

4. Take breaks.

Completely burned-out unable to focus you is no good at writing papers. It just doesn't work. You need your A-game, literally. So set little goals. Three more practice problems and I'll take a short Netflix break. It's easier to start studying when you can see the end.

5. BEWARE OF CAFFEINE

Staying up later and getting up earlier is a great way to make sure you burn the ole candle as fast as possible. I know the pull of an all-nighter is real, but it's not worth it. So watch your drug use. (Yes, caffeine is a drug. It's just a socially acceptable one.)

Of course, these are just a few tips. Do what you can to make it through April, just please don't forget to take care of yourself. Can you taste the snow cones yet? They're closer than you think.