College Guide to Staying Home for Spring Break

4 Things To Do If You're Stuck At College During Spring Break

We can't all afford to go to Cabo.

116
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1517285976756-6447388e64f9?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=500&q=60

Spring break is here and whether you forgot to book that trip to paradise or you're staying at college during the break, odds are you have no idea what to do. Being college students, we all can't afford to go to Cabo or chill on a cruise.

media2.giphy.com

Staying at or near campus during break comes with perks, like saving money (if you don't book a trip) and being able to go places that are usually busy with ease. The only issue is figuring out what to do to fight cabin fever. Don't worry — I've got you covered.

1. Catch up on your favorite Netflix shows.

Freestocks

Now that you have a week-long break from classes and homework, that means you can catch up on your favorite Netflix shows. If you're anything like me, work and academics take over your life during the semester and you leave your Netflix queue alone for a while. Spring break is the perfect time to chill on your couch and finish the last few episodes of your favorite binge-worthy shows.

2. Hang out at your community pool.

Marion Michele

This is an obvious option if you don't want to miss out on that spring break vibe. If you go to college somewhere sunny, odds are your campus or apartment complex has a community pool that you can hang out at. If you don't have one right outside, or it's not really warm out, you can head to a local gym or space that has an indoor pool. Bonus points if you're sipping a fruity drink while getting your tan on!

3. Get your spring cleaning on.

The Creative Exchange

There honestly isn't a more perfect time to deep-clean your dorm or apartment. If your roommates are traveling, you'll have the entire place to yourself to sing along to your favorite songs while cleaning. You'll also get to make sure it's prim and proper before your roommates return from their travels.

4. Explore the nightlife in your area.

Drew Murphy

If you're of age and have never really explored the nightlife near campus, now's your shot! In just about every college town, there's at least one bar, club or lounge. If there aren't any around, there should be a few options in the downtown area of your city. Some clubs even have nights dedicated to specific decades (the 80s, 90s, 2000s) where they play songs that were popular in each era. Similar to this, some may even have an "emo nite" where they play songs in the rock and pop-punk genres. You can dance the night away and try a new drink if you're up for it!

These are only a few of the options you have if you're staying at college for Spring Break! In the end, it's not too bad as long as you have fun and make time for yourself.

media0.giphy.com