7 Helpful Tips To Remember When Entering Any New School Year

The unknown is the driving force in today's society, whether you are the type of person to rush into it blindly or shy away quickly.

242

As August slowly begins to creep upon us, many start to have a variety of mixed emotions about that dreadful first day of school. Some are excited to see old friends and make new ones, some are nervous about leaving home after three months of relaxation and solitude, and others are just numb to the whole idea in general. Whether you are getting ready for senior year of high school, the first year of college, or the last year, here are just a few thoughts to keep in mind throughout the entirety of this new and upcoming school year ahead of you.

1. Time management is key for survival

Even if all you have to is a thirty page reading assignment not due for another week, if you have the time, get it out of the way. No one wants to be rushing through five different chapters all at the same time only to be rewarded with five different pop quizzes. Make the time early and save the stress of it later.

2. Keep your health in check

There is no reason why you should only be getting two hours of sleep each night or eating one gigantic dinner after not eating all day. Your health is important when it comes to school and the better you feel, the better you will perform.

3. Make time for the things you love

If you manage your time correctly and effectively, there should be a time frame for some "you" time. Whether this means meeting up with friends, watching Netflix, or just relaxing in the comfort of your own room. This time is important in making sure you keep your cool when things get a little rough around the edges.

4. Do not stress about the little things

High school and college are both weird times in everyone's lives. So many things are constantly changing and that can get really overwhelming after awhile. The best thing to do is just focus on you and the path you are on. These things that stress you out now, you won't remember ten years down the line.

5. Get out of your comfort zone, at least once

It's scary, I know! But trust me, trying something you might never have thought of before, might lead to some new friends or a favorite hobby. Give it a chance, and hey, if you don't like it, you never have to do it again.

6. Stop putting others before yourself

Yes, it's a great feeling to help out a friend in need or do good deeds throughout your day. You should continue to do those things unless it starts affecting your mental and physical health. You are not selfish for wanting to take care of yourself, and real friends will understand that.

7. Have fun!

Just like I said before, a new school year is a crazy time that holds a thousand different outcomes and possibilities. As long as you open yourself up to them and let yourself have a great experience, nothing could go wrong.

The new school year has been a scary thought to have since your first day of Kindergarten. The unknown is the driving force in today's society, whether you are the type of person to rush into it blindly or shy away quickly. Just know that as long as you keep yourself strong and healthy, grounded and secure, this next school year you will be at the reins stronger and better than ever.