My Analysis Of The "Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil": Season Three Part B "The Trial Of The Century" Promo

Get ready for the very “Trial of the Century”!
106

Spoiler warning for reader: Please be aware of the spoilers that await you. This article contains information in regards to the second half of the third season of “Star vs. the Forces of Evil,” including “The Battle for Mewni” two-hour movie special, and is meant to give my own thoughts, ideas, and possible theories based on this information as well as the previous material that’s presented as canon to the series as a whole, which can refer to the show itself as well as its published book entitled, "Star and Marco’s Guide to Mastering Every Dimension." If you haven’t seen any previous content of this show, I suggest that you leave the remainder of this article unread, as it’s only directed towards fans of the show and its canon.

Guess what, “Star vs.” fans? Just recently, Disney XD released another promo called “The Trial of the Century,” and despite having already written my article for the week literally a few hours before catching this promo, I decided to take the time to analyze this new piece of Star vs. content! Without further ado, let’s get to: “The Trial of the Century”!

So, it starts off with some narration: “On an all-new Star…”

The scene opens with Eclipsa at the stand, facing the Magic High Commission with Moon at the center. Moon starts speaking: “We are gathered here today with the trial of Eclipsa.” While she speaks, Star peers out from her side, curious as to how the ordeal will unfold. Then, we get a replay of the clip of Eclipsa in her red coat.

The Trial of the Century” (the only title card)

We then see Hekapoo with Omnitraxis, who is projected once again on his crystal ball, both looking somewhat smug, likely confident that Eclipsa is going to lose. Moon is shown with a stack of papers in front of her, labelled “Evidence,” and continues speaking: “If she is found guilty, the punishment will be–” Rhombulus, shown sitting next to a picture of the late Lekmet, cuts in by adding “Death!”

Moon silences him by saying, “Rhombulus, we talked about this,” and points. He says, “We crystallized her last time. Look how that turned out.” We then see Eclipsa, looking slightly stunned at this, probably wondering what the punishment is going to be if not recrystallization.

Then it cuts to Star, who says in a show-off-like manner, “How was it all y’all’s faces when you realize how wrong you were?” She is likely talking to the High Commission though we only see Hekapoo, who is not looking too pleased. Great grammar, Star…

Moon repeats what we previously heard her say in the last promo, “Eclipsa, are you sorry for what you’ve done?” Although this time, we don’t hear Eclipsa’s response, which, in the last promo, was, “No, I’m not.”

The box of truth rises up into the air, yelling out, “Prepare for judgment!” It then reveals a diamond-shaped eye, which points a light in the direction of not Eclipsa but the Magic High Commission. This heavily implies that Eclipsa isn’t going to be the only one examined for this case. Every member on the Commission gasps, and Moon whispers, “No!”

Then, we get the title card with the narrator stating the date and time of the premiere of the new “Star vs.” episodes (Saturday, March third at 11:00.) And finally, we see Ludo’s family’s house (the Avarius family) with a stack of papers resting on a box on the front porch and the a loose plank on the door opening to reveal a pair of eyes through the slit, likely either Ludo’s father (much like the way he did back in “Face the Music” when Moon came to ask Ludo’s parents about the missing spell book) or his brother Dennis (who helped Moon find Ludo’s hide-out at the monster temple.)

Wow, I was not expecting this! This is most likely from “Ludo, Where Art Thou?” in which someone, maybe either Star or Moon, goes to his family’s residence, delivering some paperwork in regards to the well-being of their son, whether if he’s still in the void or has escaped somehow and is causing some sort of mischief.

Anyway, that’s all I got for this promo analysis! As of the time writing this, it is only hours away from the season three part B premiere. I miss “Star vs.” so much!! I mainly wanted to get this piece out sometime before my reaction articles for the new episodes come out, so this seems like the best time to do just that! Get ready for the very “Trial of the Century”! It’s just a matter of time…