The 5 Stages Of Midterms Week

The 5 Stages Of Midterms Week

It's that time of the year again.

45
The 5 Stages Of Midterms Week

It's that time of the year again, folks. Time to sharpen your pencils (a.k.a charge your laptops), gather your notes and pour yourself a hot cup of coffee. You got this!

And if at any point you feel as though you don't, remember it's temporary. And you're certainly not alone.

Stage 1: Dread

It's coming up. Midterms week(s) is fast approaching and you're suddenly confused as to how this could've possibly happened so quickly. If you're a freshman you're probably in shock that the word "midterms" and "finals" are used so interchangeably, and that it hasn't even snowed yet but your classes are halfway over. Welcome to college.

Stage 2: Acceptance and Preparation

There's nothing you can do to stop midterms from approaching so you go into fight or flight mode. You can't flight because that would mean dropping out so you realize your best option is to just sit down and study. Kiss doing your hair and makeup in the morning goodbye, since you probably won't have time for that anymore.

Stage 3: Sleep Deprivation

If you're a morning person or night person, this is usually the time your self-realization is put to the test. Because your classes don't stop just because you have to study, homework is still being assigned along with exams and projects and there are only 24 hours in a day, you realize that you're probably going to be taking advantage of the quiet late and early hours. If you're a night owl, you'll probably be more accustomed to pulling all-nighters and getting things done when everyone else is sleeping. If you're a morning person like me though, you're probably setting your alarm for 3 AM a few times a week. Nevertheless, caffeine and sugar become your best friends.

Step 4: Taking Your Exams

You've prepared. You cracked down and studied. You exchanged words of encouragement in all of your group chats. You got this.

Step 5: YOU DID IT!!!!

All of your hard work finally paid off and was worth it. You completed your exams and are feeling pretty good about them. Every moment where you're not stressed and worried about something suddenly feels like a huge blessing. Now to celebrate your hard work done with a well-deserved nap.

Until finals week, of course.