What To Do On Spring Break When You Have Nothing To Do

Nothing but Netflix right? Wrong.

228
Bridget Jones

Ah, Spring Break, nothing beaches and tanning right? Wrong. Not everyone gets the chance to go on a luxurious beach vacation or fun ski trip. Sometimes you just get stuck at home with not a thing to do, we’ve all been there. So here are a few things to do instead of literally sinking into the couch because you’ve watched 28 straight hours of Netflix.

Go to the dentist.

Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Why would you volunteer to go get your teeth cleaned when you could be on the beach? Trust me, I wouldn’t either, but if you’re home with nothing to do you might as well be productive. Get all those annoying appointments out of the way. Dentist? Check. Doctor? Check. Optometrist? Check. Chiropractor? Check.

Treat yo' self.

You deserve it! You’ve worked long and hard on midterms and while you might not be able to afford a week long vacation to Mexico, I’m sure you can spend a little cash on yourself at home. Go get a manicure or buy the new shirt you’ve been obsessing over.

Sleep.

Do I need to say much more?

Make a dope playlist.

Or seven of them, hey, you’ve got the time! Why not sit down and find some new tunes to jam to. Maybe even make playlists as gifts for your friends, maybe then you can save the money you would’ve spent on their birthday presents this year, and go to Florida next Spring Break. Just an idea.

Get a job.

I know this sounds lame, and almost impossible because Spring Break is only a week, but hear me out. Try babysitting, maybe you’ll get lucky and your local grade school will have the same Spring Break as you and you can pick up a full-time nanny job for the week. Or pet-sit for people who can afford to go out of town the week. Make money instead of spending it.

Visit friends.

So what you and your bestie’s Spring Breaks didn’t line up? Now you have an excuse to go visit them at their school and see what their new life is like. Also, dorms are free to stay in, so all you need is gas and food money.