The Coolest Sea Creature

Sponges: The Underrated Sea Animal

I'm sure your favorite sponge lives at the Bikini Bottom.

2

Imagine a small little sea creature that excels in fighting bacteria in your very own home. It's very squishy as if it were a stress ball and it's as soft as a blanket. It also holds a lot of power and by power, I mean water. I bet some of us have actually seen this tropical animal in reality.

I mean, it does live in your kitchen. Yes, believe it or not, the actual animal lives in the ocean but the synthetic version of it is in your home right now and even, at this school. Yeah, I know it's a weird thought that you have a pet at home that you didn't really realize you had.

I strongly recommend that you ask your parents why they have been keeping this secret from you. I am warning you though, you will be disappointed by how they respond. I believe this creature is so amazing, that it even deserves its own emoji. Emoji-less or not, there is speculation that this species has existed for approximately 600 million years in the aquatic summons of our Earth.

That could possibly be the oldest living organism in our Earth today. Keyword: possibly. This animal has multiple purposes like starring in a hit and long-running Nickelodeon show. It is also a synthetic form of a blending tool for cosmetics, and it's most important use is to recycle nutrients and play a role in the coral reef life cycle.

Sure, I have seen some exotic animals like elephants and peacocks but I have never actually seen my favorite animal. The porous skin of the animal makes up for the missing eyes, missing facial features, and disproportionate body. This animal is not limited to one certain image but it can be different colors and shapes.

On that note, my animal can live up to 200 years. I guess that means that the oldest living organism of this animal has been alive for things like the Titanic shipwreck when women finally had gained the right to vote and it could have been alive for the birth of the iconic superstar Jennifer Lopez. Something just as iconic as J-Lo is my favorite animal, the one and only sea sponge.