It is well known that the President of the United States is one of the hardest jobs in the world. It’s round-the-clock, constant problem solving, always juggling issues with everyone from the military to Congress to foreign leaders. And through all of that, the president has to appear strong, calm, and put together as he acts of the face of our nation. We all know that Donald Trump has had a rough start, from the tweetstorms to the failed health care bill to the blocked immigration orders constant golfing trips to, most recently misnaming the country he bombed while discussing chocolate cake.

It seems that Trump’s incompetence has not made his difficult job any easier. However, it has also elevated another White House job to the status of hardest Job in the world – the job of White House press secretary. The press secretary’s job is to inform the media about the president’s actions, and to clarify his positions. Additionally, the press secretary is responsible for putting out the president’s fires. Handling a field of reporters has never been a walk in the park, but it’s a whole different ballgame when the president is stirring controversy at every turn. President Trump is impulsive and unpredictable, and this has made the job of White House press secretary the hardest job in the world.

The fact that Sean Spicer, the man holding the hardest job in the world, is completely incompetent only makes things worse for the administration. Spicer’s time as press secretary has been tainted by avoidable gaffes from the very beginning, most notably when he retweeted an article from satirical news outlet The Onion about how his job is to provide misinformation. Other notable gaffes include his claim that Trump’s Inauguration crowd size was the largest in history, that time he tweeted his own password, and the claim that the Muslim ban was not a ban.

Most of these past gaffes have made me laugh, and feel a little sorry for the guy, because all they really do is make him look dumb. However, this week’s most recent gaffe, the claim that Hitler did not use chemical weapons on his own people, which he “corrected” by saying that Hitler did take people to “holocaust centers,” terrified me much more. Some people say that, with this claim, Spicer was insinuating that the Jews of Germany were not Hitler’s own people, but I don’t agree with that reading. Instead, I chalk this insensitive gaffe up to Spicer’s genuine ignorance about basic world history. However, the fact that the face of the White House is so incompetent that he makes such ignorant statements is terrifying both for the administration and for the American people. Maybe Trump should get a new press secretary, if anyone else will take the job, and send Spicer back to his former role as White House Easter Bunny.