A speech on Motivation

A speech on Motivation

A few words to motivate you all this week.

7983
A speech on Motivation
Casey Maddox Lynn

Have you ever awakened from such a sound slumber and not wanted to get out of bed? Of course! We all have. But if we were to act upon that momentary lust for no responsibility, the perfect escape from life, called sleep, could lose its appeal. So instead, we get out of bed and start our days. For some it is routine and for others a crazed rush, but for most, there is something driving us to do these things; motivation.

What motivates you? Well, motivation can be a tricky subject. You know, you either have it or you don't. Personally, it is honesty that motivates me!

I recently came across a quote that really inspired me. It was said by Douglas Ivester and goes, "Never let your memories be greater than your dreams." This speaks volumes to me. I take it for face value and believe that if our goals are not more than what we have already achieved, we are no longer being motivated. So always appreciate the memories that keep you inspired while remembering to continue motivating yourself to make even better memories.

Keep shooting for the stars! Make your dreams so large that failing is almost guaranteed, because the motivation and learning experiences are what are truly being gifted and will continue to motivate you to achieve that goal. Failure is what you make it, and motivation defines the fail.

Do you want to know why? It is because there are lessons to learn from in almost every task we do in our daily lives, even the mundane things! Which means there can be a copious amount of small goals that you can set and then nail each and every day! Making not immediately obtaining that big goal not a setback, but instead another one of those small goals to learn from. All this is made possible by staying motivated!

Sure it helps to have positive influences in our lives: friends, family, a partner, neighbors, a pet or even a plant. Although, all that is necessary for us to be positive and happy, our mindsets and goal setting can provide us with a positive outlook, then happiness can grow and radiate from within. Everything I have said leads back to motivation.

Here comes the intensity! I have a couple sayings that I apply daily in my life. I am going to share my favorite one now.

The only person that can take care of your house, is you, and you have to take care of your house before you can ever take care of someone else's. This means that we need to be self sufficient in sustaining personal happiness or we will never enjoy the true pleasure that accompanies: relationships, bonds, or friendships. Motivation is so easily garnished from nothing, from fear, from anxiety, and transforms our thought processes to be gleaming beacons of inspiration to that person in your life you never knew you would or could impact! You only need to start!