Space Force Or Space Ploy?

Space Force Or Space Ploy?

What if the the announcement to create a sixth branch of the US Military is a powerful ploy.

1538

The US President Trump announced recently his decision to create a sixth branch of the military and hinted at calling it "…Space Force…" adding that "...it is vital that our military maintains its dominance and competitive advantage in that domain..." Ultimately the president's order on Monday seemingly mandates the Pentagon to begin drawing up plans for this new branch, though a Congressional vote is required to make it official. "Establishing a service branch requires congressional action…" as noted by Rep. Michael R. Turner who chairs for the House of armed Services Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces.

Let us not forget back in 2007, China demonstrated their Anti-Satellite (ASAT) system by destroying one of their own aging weather satellites. The United States could not ignore the implications and realization of it’s space assets vulnerabilities.It is arguable that with China’s established space program Strategic Support Force (SSF) in 2015, tasked with space and cyber operations could be a major cause to this shift in the United States. But, let us not also forget that in 2015, the U.S. Congress passed the U.S. Commercial Space Launch Competitiveness Act, which allows United States citizens to own space and asteroid resources as private property. What happens if these legally purchased and or owned sections of space are threatened? There must be a governing body to protect these interstellar investments.

But, is this recent and boastful act but the president a clever economical ploy from a noted clever business man? While the world is in estranged toil, China arming up and buying up natural resources like there is no tomorrow and angry over recent declaration of new sanctions; Russia is in a Cold War with the USA, again; The Middle East still isn't really all that fixed, who would have guessed that; and North Korean still at a standstill though things seem to be leaning towards the positive. Could this not be a cleaver ploy to divert the world's attention? Perhaps postponing a all out conflict, in traditional since. In creating a sixth branch of the military and pushing it forward in full swing it's not hard to believe that the rest of the world's major players would fall-suite right quick.

In doing so it would create a massive space race, the likes of which no one has ever seen. Who will control the space around our planet! This recent announcement may very well send the world into a different kind of war. As countries begin to pool their warfare resources towards their space programs and defense. Depleting their resources and man power, ultimately straining their economies, diverting them from possible trade war or open war here on the ground. But who knows. Arguments and turmoil over what exactly the Space Force is expected to do are likely going to be part of political debate for decades to come. All we know for sure is that even though President Donald Trump says he is creating a sixth branch of the military he needs congress to vote it in. Only time will tell as we move forward in the coming months.