When You've Given Up On Love
Dating

So You Can't Seem To Find "Your Guy," Now What?

What to do when it seems like the dating pool has run dry.

243

So, you're probably somewhere in your twenties, going to school in the same town you grew up in, and searching for a special guy to include in your life.

Be that as it may, you've probably remained super optimistic after getting hurt again and again. Friends set you up, classmates "shoot their shot," and you may even download Tinder or Bumble to give it a try from that route. You try and try again and here you are, single, annoyed, and asking what you did wrong this time. Honey, it isn't you, it's the dating pool you're in. The man you are going to call "the one" isn't here.

I had a conversation with my best friend that really resonated with me for some reason. I am graduating in six months, I have a killer internship, and I am constantly trying to improve myself but I just can't seem to find luck in my local dating pool. I try and try again to be met with a similar story.

They either did not make their true intentions with me clear, they were just horrible, or they just straight up weren't feeling it with me. I'd like to think I am a pretty good person. I keep a lot of friends, I exercise regularly, and I am doing well in life.

What is going wrong? The question that some want to answer with irrational things like, "Oh you need to lose weight so you'll be prettier," "You need to act more feminine for a guy to pay you any attention," or my personal favorite is "Start dressing girly." Well, let me answer a couple of things.

For one, I am currently on a fitness journey so back off. Number two, I act how I please and when I feel like it. Number three, variety is the spice of life which currently exists in my wardrobe.

So since the illogical explanations put away, let's talk about reality. You probably are working on or finishing up your bachelor's degree in your twenties. You probably have gone on dates with a lot of guys that know each other. Tends to happen when you date guys that went to your high school or your high school's rival school.

You all run in the same circles. (Springfield is a town of under 200,000 people so I get that.) You go out on movie dates, to the park, literally every good date you can think of to be met with the same set of answers. Here's the reality for you, your hometown isn't your final living place.

Your career is going to take you miles and miles away from where you are now. You have endless amounts of potential and it is time to start seeing that. It is time for you to stay on your grind and take care of yourself. Don't get me wrong, having someone to hold on your worst days would be great, however, do not fret. You will find that guy wherever your degree takes you. Would a man be put in your life for the sole purpose of holding you back? No, absolutely not.

So it is time to stay on your grind and focus on you. Lose the weight you wanna lose, wear the clothes you want to wear, and by God act the way that you want to act. You are YOU and you are a catch. When you get where your career is supposed to take you, the right one will step in and change your views on dating and men. So don't worry that you haven't had a guy to bring home to mom and dad for the last couple of years. It will be okay.