11 Soup Recipes That Will Bring You Warm Joy

When the chill is real and all you want is a steaming bowl of soup, turn to these trusted recipes.

70
YouTube

At the end of October, the chill is finally picking up, which means it's finally SOUP weather.

Nothing bring me more joy than enjoying a steaming bowl of soup after a long cold day studying, running errands, taking a fall hike, or pumpkin carving. So gather up your ingredients, put on your chef's hat and apron, and get chopping! It's time to make some soup!

Click on the image to go directly to the recipe, and check out some of my favorite recipe sites YUMM

1. The BEST Butternut Squash Soup Ever

This soup is hearty and filling. Filled with antioxidants, spice, and a whole lot of goodness, this soup is like receiving a hug from an old friend and will leave you satisfied, warm, and ready for the chilly weather. If you're feeling daring, garnish with a bit of crispy bacon and chili flakes.

2. Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Rain drops, drop tops, cooking up chicken noodles in my crockpots. This soup is a staple and feels like home. It's also a really great for when you're feeling a bit under the weather and need a pick-me-up. It's easy on your stomach and will make you feel healthy and full, a plus when it's hard to stomach the cold weather and frankly anything else.

3. Black Bean Soup

If you've been craving something spicy, this soup is for you. For an additional smokey taste, grill the jalapeño before tossing it into the soup. This is guaranteed to be delicious after a brisk fall hike and should be enjoyed with a hand-full of corn tortilla chips, or Fritos.

4. French Onion Soup Bread Bowl

The French didn't revolt for nothing! Celebrate the *fall* with soup that is truly enhanced by a sourdough bread bowl. If you want a lighter alternative, the same recipe can be made in a ramekin or a small ceramic bowl. This one also requires a lot of onions, so get those onion chopping goggles out!

5. Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Is there anything ever as satisfying than a big bowl of cheddar cheese? I didn't think so. The broccoli makes it healthy, right? Enjoy this on a chilly football day and rejoice in the green and gold this soup has (Go Pack).

6. Baked Potato Soup

If you like baked potato, might as well try it in soup form. Plus, you can't go wrong with bacon and cheddar. This soup is hearty, filling, and will appeal to even the most picky eaters.

7. Spicy Turkey Chili

It wouldn't be fall without chili. This lighter alternative is filling and leaner, which means you can put more cheese on it :) For my vegetarian friends, substitute the meat for a can of pinto beans, or your favorite grain.

8. Brie and Cheddar Apple Beer Soup

Omg omg omg I didn't know this existed, but I'm so happy it does. If this soup doesn't scream Wisconsin, then I don't know what does. Historically, brie and cheddar have tasted splendidly with apples. Beer just makes everything better, so why not throw it into the mix. Top it off with pecan granola for a dish you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

9. Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

This creamy soup takes you back to Taco Tuesday, Marg Night Thursday at Sobes (just kidding let's not relive those nights), and makes you feel like you can kick fall in the butt. It's hearty, perfectly satisfies your spice cravings, and will calm your sniffles in the chill.

10. Creamy Chicken Wild Rice

If this soup doesn't hit the spot, nothing will. It's creamy and delicious, full of healthy veggies, and will appeal to the kid in you. This soup always reminds me of home and the leaves changing colors. It also reminds me of cold and gloomy days, which are actually my favorite because I would always eat this soup.

11. Rustic Tuscan Soup with Italian Sausage and Kale

For when you're craving something warm, savory, and light. This soup is based on low-sodium chicken stock, so it won't make you feel like you're super indulgent, yet the spices and combination of flavor will make up for the "comfort" you might be missing from a cream based soup. Also, this soup is high in protein, which will satisfy your hunger longer! It's really a win win situation.

12. Beef and Barley Soup

Lastly, for my meat lovers, this soup not only has a ton of beef that is high in protein and satisfies your savory and umami cravings, but will fuel your scarf-filled, jacket-wearing day. If you are vegetarian, beans make a wonderful substitute.

Enjoy the chill and take every excuse you can to eat soup!