Sorry Disney, But I Would Have Rather Have Seen 'Kenobi: A Star Wars Story', Before 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'

If Harrison Ford can't play himself in a Han Solo movie, there shouldn't be a Han Solo movie

49
Lucas Film

I was ecstatic when I found out that Disney was buying the Star Wars franchise from Lucasfilms.

Part of me was sad because that meant that the "Galaxy Far, Far Away's" founding father, George Lucas, would no longer have complete control over the saga– but it meant that new movie installments would be released, allowing the galaxy to live on.

I didn't sleep well for at least a week before The Force Awakens was released.

And again, I didn't sleep well before Rogue One or The Last Jedi– I was too excited.

Before those above three movies, I spent too many hours on Youtube and FanFiction websites researching possible theories onto what will be taking place in each movie.

However, the Han Solo movie comes out in two days, and I am sleeping just fine and have not researched much about the movie.

If I'm being honest, I think that the Solo movie is going to be a big let down.

It's hard for me to except the reality that another actor other than Harrison Ford will be playing the role of Han Solo; just like it will be hard for me to accept a new face as Lando Calrissian.

I'm sure Alden Ehrenreich, the new Han Solo, will give his best performance– but he is no Harrison Ford– and I'm sure I'll have to remind myself throughout the movie that he is Han Solo.

Hopefully the director came up with some crazy-good storyline for Han, Lando, and Chewbacca– and it will distract the audience from the new faces trying to reprise the classic characters.

I just hope it'll be worthy of the franchise and not Disney's attempt to make more money off of the franchise's dedicated fans.

Because let's be real: even if more fans other than myself are on the fence about the Solo movie, we are all still going to go see it because:

1) need to support the franchise and Han as a character

2) still kind of curious about who Han was before

3) what girl had his heart before Leia

4)Chewbacca.

Personally, I would have rather seen an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie installment made.

Ewan McGregor even said recently that he would be down to act in a Kenobi installment if Disney was to approach him with an offer.

Timing-wise it would be perfect.

McGregor has aged enough since Episode III that he would look aged enough to play a role that would put Obi-Wan on Tatooine while Luke Skywalker was growing up before Episode IV takes place.

A Kenobi movie, in comparison to the Solo movie, would have much more purpose in the franchise.

I think other Star War mega-fans can agree that there is no way Kenobi was just chilling as a hermit on Tatooine all those years.

We all know and love Obi-Wan as a fearless, wise, a bit antagonistic and badass Jedi– there has to be stories worth telling of his time watching over Luke.

But maybe a Kenobi movie is too desired and too predictable, so Disney opted for the Solo movie.

Or maybe we couldn't have a Kenobi movie before Episode IX was released because it could reveal something about Rey's origin.

(Obi-Wan's lightsaber was blue, too).

I don't know, but I'm still disappointed. I can just hope for a Kenobi installment in the future.