It is a new year, and a new semester. Returning to campus after a long winter break means new classes, new professors, and of course, recruitment. This is an exciting time, but can also be very stressful for a lot of girls. Here a 6 things every girl should know before signing up for recruitment!

1. Stay off of Greek Rank.

Do yourself a favor, and STAY OFF GREEK RANK. Websites that rate sororities are not always true and will make you more paranoid before actually meeting different houses. If you go in with a good attitude, you will have a much better rush experience!

2. Stay true to who you are 

It sounds cheesy, but it's true! You should not have to change who you are in order to fit a certain sorority's "style' or "look". Each sorority is different, and you will end up where you are supposed to be. Just be yourself and everything will work out in the end!

3. Physical appearances aren't everything. 

Rush can be very stressful, especially when it comes to physical appearance. Many girls stress over their hair, makeup, and outfit (including myself). It is important to remember that sororities are not just looking for the girls with the best outfit or the prettiest face, they are looking for a good personality. So embrace your style and remember to be to stay true to you!

4. Go in with an open mind. 

It is ok to not know anything about Greek life before heading into rush. You shouldn't stress about getting into a "top tier" sorority or getting a particular house to like you. If you go in with a positive attitude, people will notice. When you feel happy, comfortable, and confident, you have found the perfect sorority for you!

5. If things don't work out, it's ok!

It is important to remember that a sorority will not make or break your college experience. If you do not get into the sorority of your choice, or you realize Greek life just isn't for you, there are many other ways to get involved on campus. Joining a club or an intramural sports team is a great way to meet new people and be part of a larger community!

6. Find your perfect fit. 

If you go into recruitment pretending to be someone that you're not, you may end up in the sorority that you are not meant to be in. Recruitment is designed to meet girls that share the same values and interests as you. If you keep this in mind during rush, you will find the sorority that is perfect for you!