10 Thoughts You Have As A Rising Sophomore At UGA

Summers almost over... I guess we have to start thinking about college again.

9

Now that the school year is almost back in session it's really time to realize that you're a sophomore now and this isn't your first rodeo. Here are some of the thoughts of a rising sophomore at UGA.

1. Oh shoot... I'm not a freshman anymore.

Toto, I don't we're in freshman year anymore. We're no longer the babies on campus, though we sure feel like it still. No more freshman dorms, no more FYOS, what is this? Are we adulting now?!

2. I need to get more involved in things.

The UGA involvement fair was one of the scariest moments of my freshman year and I ended up doing practically nothing! This year is the time for change! Time to get involved in a bunch of clubs and do lots of things on and outside of campus. There are lots of different communities, you just have to find them.

3. Maybe I should go to the gym a little more.

Thankfully freshman 15 wasn't a reality but all of the muscle you had in high school has gone to nothing because you haven't kept it up! Go to the gym once or twice a week, we aren't asking for a 6 pack we're asking to be healthy and fit. Plus you can study while you're on the treadmill,

4. Getting a significant other isn't necessary..

Yeah sure your sister met her husband during her sophomore year of college but that doesn't have to be you! Getting a significant other isn't necessary or required by any means. Go out and have fun, don't worry about it at all! If they come, that's cool! But if they don't, it's not the end of the world.

5. School isn't all about studying, and it shouldn't ever seem like that.

Though college is hard, it's not impossible, and you should have time to do the things you love! Studying isn't all college is meant to be and sometimes it's hard to remember that. Put the textbook down and go outside! Have a little fun and live in the moment. Your book will be waiting right where you left it.

6. It's time to start looking for internships, you're in your prime time.

Adulting and doing things in life is getting more and more real which means internships are a possibility. They're looking for sophomores, juniors, and seniors! Look at the options and start exploring. It can never hurt to fill out an application.

7. I miss the dining halls, and I'll take that statement back in 5 months.

Nothing hits just as right as a wrap from JFH or a pancake from Bolton, or the best? A hug from Snelling. But towards the end of freshman year it gets old. After a summer of nothing it's time to get ready to use those unlimited swipes once again.

8. If you want to study abroad soon, you have to start NOW.

There's so many things to do and studying abroad is a huge opportunity! The only problem is it takes almost a year advance in planning, so start going to meetings and start going through the process so you can go on one of the best trips in your whole entire life.

9. Why do I have to buy so many textbooks and why will no one buy any of mine?!

So.. Why is all my money going to books I'll never spend reading and why is no one else trying to buy the books I spent so much money on!? On another note, don't go spending money on useless textbooks and wait a little to see if you actually need them...

10. I hope this year doesn't fly by as fast as freshman year.

Life flies by so fast! Time isn't even real at this point. Make sure to take the moments you have and cherish them before it's too late. In the blink of an eye you'll be a senior and that's a whole other terrifying thought. Sophomore year, treat me well!!