5 Songs You Need To Know

5 Songs You Need To Know

For the musically inclined...

16
kelsey foran.vsco.co
kelseyforan.vsco.co

Five songs that will get you through the harder days.

1. 1950 by King Princess

If you're looking for a more mellow song, this is the one for you. While the beat is less fast-paced and intense, it is still a song that you can easily sing loudly in your car. King Princess has made her mark with this song and I really hope she continues to release more music.

2. idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish

Strong female vocalists seem to be all the rage right now. Billie Eilish is taking the world by storm with her new music, but many know her for her song "ocean eyes". This song is another pretty mellow song that has really cool vocals. There is a sort of echoey aspect to this song, and mixed with the instrumental, creates an awesome song to chill out to.

3. Be My Witness by Bahamas

This is my go-to feel-good song. This song is perfect if you're spending a lot of your time going on adventures and visiting lots of new places. It's a more folksy song that I love to play when I'm walking to and from class or even when I'm just out and about. It always makes me smile and gets me in a good mood. It reminds me of being at the beach and of just hanging out with friends and having nothing to worry about.

4. Blur by MØ

My mom actually recommended this song to me! I saw MØ in concert a couple years ago and had the time of my life. I've been a fan ever since. This song mixes techno with MØ's strong vocals and makes you feel powerful in every way possible. This is another song that I've been listening to on repeat over the past week or so, and I plan on seeing MØ again down here in Philly in January. A true 10/10 song that I highly recommend.

5. You're Somebody Else by Flora Cash

This song is one you're likely to hear on the radio if you listen to the radio enough. It has a pretty acoustic base and is great for reflecting and just spending time alone and relaxing. This is definitely one of my favorites at the moment. It's mellow but still kind of uplifting at the same time, which is hard to find in a song.